Sharib Hashmi essayed the role of Shah Rukh Khan’s character Samar’s best friend Zain in Yash Chopra’s 2012 film Jab Tak Hai Jaan which also starred Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma. The actor in his recent interview with a leading tabloid, recalled how he had almost fainted when King Khan introduced himself on the first day of shoot.
An Indian Express report quoted Sharib as saying, “My first day of shoot was also my first scene in the film when Samar (Shah Rukh Khan) removes the bedsheet from my character Zain’s face. I was rehearsing that scene with an assistant director. In one instance when the bedsheet got removed, I saw SRK himself standing there. He told me “Hi I’m Shah Rukh,” and I almost fainted.
The Filmistaan actor said that post pack-up, Shah Rukh Khan complimented him as a good actor and said that he enjoyed working with me.
“After the shoot and pack-up, Shah Rukh sir told me that he enjoyed working with me and I was a very good actor. Even Yash Chopra sir complimented me. He said, “Tu Punjab se hai kya (Are you from Punjab)?” I told him I’m born and brought up in Mumbai and I’m not even a Punjabi. He said I was doing very well. So my first day will always remain special and memorable,” Sharib recounted while speaking with the tabloid.
He further added, “I met SRK at the film’s premiere later. He met me very warmly. My wife is his huge fan so when she met him, she got extremely excited. She still says she remembers his perfume.”
Further, the actor recalled another meeting with the superstar at an award ceremony and shared, “I also met him when I received the Screen Award for Filmistaan (2014). SRK was hosting that segment and when my name got announced, he said Sharib is a very good actor and my friend. Just hearing that from him is so special.”
Sharib Hashmi is currently basking in the success of his recently released web series, Manoj Bajpayee-Samantha Akkineni starrer The Family Man 2 .
- Sharib Hashmi revisits Jab Tak Hai Jaan: I almost fainted on meeting SRK
- The Family Man Star Sharib Hashmi on Fan-boy Moment With Shah Rukh Khan: 'I Almost Fainted'
- Shah Rukh Khan Posts Emotional Tribute To Rishi Kapoor: His Ashirwaad Made Me Who I Am Today
- Meet Bollywood's IMPRESSIVE DADDIES
- Meet the STARS of Article 15
- 'People said
- Happy Birthday Anushka Sharma: Here is a Playlist of Her Top 10 Songs
- TOP FIVE: Relationship lessons Bollywood movies taught us!
- Best Hindi Movies on Amazon Prime Video [October 2020]
- Best Hindi Movies on Netflix [October 2020]
- 'My job is not to be somebody's chamcha'
- Happy Birthday Aditya Chopra: Lesser Known Facts About the Award-winning Filmmaker
- Juhi Chawla: I lacked Madhuri's screen presence, and the way she danced
- When a gora produced a Bollywood movie
- When Chammak Challo was leaked...
- Best Romantic Movies on Amazon Prime Video in India
Sharib Hashmi On Meeting Shah Rukh Khan For The First Time On Jab Tak Hai Jaan Sets: I Almost Fainted have 517 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at June 23, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.