Renowned Malayalam poet and lyricist S Ramesan Nair passed away on Friday (June 18) at a private hospital in Kerala. Reportedly, he was undergoing treatment for COVID-19 related complications. He was 73 and is survived by his wife P Rema and son Manu Ramesan.
The septuagenarian had made it into films with the 1985 film Pathamudayam directed by J Sasikumar and starring Mohanlal, Urvashi, MG Soman and TG Ravi. His best songs include ‘Neeyen Kinavo’ ( Hello My Dear Wrong Number – 1986), ‘Oru Rajamalli Vidarunna Pole’ ( Aniyathipraavu -1997) and ‘Ambadi Payyukal’ ( Chandranudikkuna Dikkil- 1999) among many others. Reportedly, he had penned as many as 500 songs.
He was bestowed with the Kerala Sahithya Akademi Award in 2010 for his contribution to the poetic world. Nair was honoured with the Kendra Sahitya Akademi Award in 2018 for his collection of poems, Gurupournami. Ramesan had also worked as a sub-editor and producer at Kerala Bhasha Institute and All India Radio respectively.
- Ex-Bigg Boss Contestant Hindustani Bhau's Mother Passes Away
- Former DGP Madhusoodhanan passes away
- Abhilash, Noted Lyricist And Writer Dies Of Cancer
- Love and poetry, the muse for lyricists
- Tide washes away poignant portraits of British soldiers who died in WWI after faces of brave men including Wilfred Owen were carved into beaches in tribute by director Danny Boyle
- Rakul Preet Singh: It’s my work that keeps me sane
- Kerala Kalamandalam turns 90
- Javed Akhtar Takes A Dig At News Channels For Ignoring Farmers' Protest Over Karan's Party
- S P Balasubrahmanyam's TOP 50 Songs
- Assault on YouTuber: Kerala High Court grants anticipatory bail to dubbing artist, other activists
- Why Bharathi is called a 'Mahakavi'?
- How Kerala 'lost' the battle against Adani
- Veer-Zaara’s ‘Tere Liye’ Remained Yash Chopra’s Ringtone Till He Breathed His Last
- Our music is about raw primal instinct: The Casteless Collective
- The wisdom of being Amur
- Sarat Chandra Chattopadhyay’s Birth Anniversary: Facts About The Famous Bengali Novelist
- Film Editor Kola Bhaskar Is No More
- The real culprits behind India's Partition
- P.J. Thomas, an unsung economist
- Unforgettable songs of Lata Mangeshkar
Poet-Lyricist S Ramesan Nair Passes Away have 343 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at June 19, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.