Renowned Malayalam poet and lyricist S Ramesan Nair passed away on Friday (June 18) at a private hospital in Kerala. Reportedly, he was undergoing treatment for COVID-19 related complications. He was 73 and is survived by his wife P Rema and son Manu Ramesan.
The septuagenarian had made it into films with the 1985 film Pathamudayam directed by J Sasikumar and starring Mohanlal, Urvashi, MG Soman and TG Ravi. His best songs include ‘Neeyen Kinavo’ ( Hello My Dear Wrong Number – 1986), ‘Oru Rajamalli Vidarunna Pole’ ( Aniyathipraavu -1997) and ‘Ambadi Payyukal’ ( Chandranudikkuna Dikkil- 1999) among many others. Reportedly, he had penned as many as 500 songs.
He was bestowed with the Kerala Sahithya Akademi Award in 2010 for his contribution to the poetic world. Nair was honoured with the Kendra Sahitya Akademi Award in 2018 for his collection of poems, Gurupournami. Ramesan had also worked as a sub-editor and producer at Kerala Bhasha Institute and All India Radio respectively.
- Duchess of Abercorn passes away following illness
- Poets to remember the late, great Liam Ó Muirthile
- Read Margaret Atwood's new novel... in 100 years
- Mehmet Nazım’s obituary bears photo of Gary Cooper
- 10 famous artists who have captured their families in artwork
- An American at Novodevichy (Op-ed)
- Dear, Cleopatra: How women from history would answer our relationship questions
- 'The Most Dangerous Man in Britain' – One of Scotland’s Finest Sons
- “The Gyumri I Know and Love” – President Sarkissian’s touching homage
- ‘The Gyumri I Know and Love’: President’s touching tribute on 30th anniv. of deadly quake
- The now lost Tyneside shops we knew and loved
- Rare glimpse into family life in a Belfast's 'Big Houses'
- Why William McIlvanney should be world famous – Pete Martin
- Student Journalist launches first poetry book with bigger dreams ahead
- Who was James I, when was he king of England, how many assassination attempts were made on him and how did he die?
- Husband of late Emma Hannigan urges readers to vote for her novel in Irish Book Awards
- Moscow On Stage
- How Britain will be marking 100 years since the end of World War One and remembering our heroes
- Hughes Festival footage never been seen before
- The British soldier who first recorded Waltzing Matilda
Poet-Lyricist S Ramesan Nair Passes Away have 370 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at June 19, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.