Kyrie Irving ‘s wallet is now $35,000 lighter … and it’s all ’cause the NBA says the point guard won’t stop ghosting media members.
The NBA announced Wednesday evening it’s hit Irving and his Brooklyn Nets team each with $35k fines for “violating league rules governing media interview access.”
The NBA says Irving has repeatedly refused to show up for postgame media availability sessions — a big no-no for players.
Of course, this ain’t the first time the league has had to step in and slap Irving with a fine for this … back in December, he was hit with a $25k fine for dodging media during training camp.
At the time, Kyrie famously appeared to react to the fine in a viral social media post in which he wrote, “I do not talk to Pawns. My attention is worth more.”
Irving later explained his “pawns” comment was NOT a jab directed at reporters.
“Not even referring to you guys as pawns or media,” Irving said. “It’s just really how I felt about the mistreatment of certain artists when we get to a certain platform of when we make decisions within of lives to have full control and ownership.”
Brooklyn is set to play Dallas on Thursday afternoon … but forget the game, we all want to know now, will Kyrie meet up with reporters afterward???
- Coronavirus live updates: Anonymous donor gives $1 million to Santa Cruz hospital workers
- Coronavirus live updates: US says China hid severity of outbreak to hoard supplies
- Coronavirus live updates: Pandemic could permanently close half of SF restaurants
- UK announces another 358 coronavirus deaths bringing total fatalities to 28,491 as new hotspot map reveals swathes of Britain outside major cities that have had ZERO deaths
- Coronavirus news from the Bay Area: May 3
- White House faces bad news on lockdown results
- World Cup 2010: South Africa v Mexico - as it happened
- Kent State Shootings: A Lot of People Were Crying, and the Guard Walked Away
- The best Xbox One games for May 2020
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Facebook - Trump predicts quick vaccine; Pence: I should have worn mask
- What we learned in iso: Moving portraits show Australians battling loneliness, anxiety and stress... but others found contentment and inner-peace locked down at home for weeks
- How the killing of an abusive father by his daughters fuelled Russia's culture wars
- The Beauty Diary by Rebekah Scanlan: Best new beauty buys, perfect for isolation
- Outraged Australians demand Chinese ambassador who threatened boycott over coronavirus inquiry be kicked out of the country - but there is 'no point because Beijing will replace him with someone WORSE'
- NRL: Karl Stefanovic takes aim over pay dispute; League admits risk of ‘widespread’ coronavirus infection
- Chinese ambassador who threatened to crush Australia's economy is 'following orders from Beijing' to do whatever it takes to 'bully' us into backing down from coronavirus wet markets inquiry
- North Korea's Kim Jong Un May Just Be Avoiding Coronavirus, Some Observers Say
- Motherwell 6-6 Hibernian remembered 10 years on
- Watch Man Utd flop Alexis Sanchez’s cheesy Rocky Balboa-style workout as he sprints around his huge garden
- COVID-19: Wrongful deaths at a hospital and misrule in Anantnag of Kashmir
Kyrie Irving Hit With $35k Fine For Repeatedly Blowing Off Media Sessions have 519 words, post on www.tmz.com at June 5, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.