Kangana Ranaut is one of those celebs who never shy away from being vocal about her thoughts and opinion on social media. Recently, the actress stated that she wishes our country to be referred to as Bharat instead of India. Kangana also shared two long posts revealing the reason behind this demand.
Kangana Ranaut shared a screenshot of her post that she had shared on the Koo app. The Tanu Weds Manu Returns actress had stated that India can only rise if it’s rooted in its ancient spirituality and wisdom, that is the soul of our civilization. The actress added that the world will look up to our country if we emerge as a world leader and go higher in urban growth. She stressed that our country should not be a cheap copy of the western world and stay rooted in Geeta, Yoga and the Vedas. Lastly, she questioned if the country’s slave name ‘India’ can be changed to ‘Bharat’. Take a look at her post.
In her second post, Kangana Ranaut specified why she wishes to witness this change. The Manikarnika: The Queen Of Jhansi actress stated that the British gave us the slave name India which means located at the east of the River Indus. She called the name rudimentary and compared it with the naming of a child wherein she asked if a child would ever be named as ‘small nose’, ‘C Section’ or ‘second-born.’ The actress went on to explain the meaning of Bharat and said that it is made up of three Sanskrit words namely ‘Bhav’, ‘Raag’ and ‘Taal.’
Kangana added that our country was a culturally and aesthetically evolved civilization before it was enslaved. The Woh Lamhe actress added that the Britishers not only gave a new name to the country, but also gave names to the people and monuments. She ended the post by stating that we must regain our lost glory and should start with renaming the country as Bharat. Take a look at the post shared by her.
On the work front, Kangana Ranaut will be seen in the much-awaited movie Thalaivi. She will also kickstart the second schedule of her movie Dhaakad. Apart from this, the actress has Tejas in her pipeline.
- Centre does not discriminate between states: MEA rejects WB govt's charge on Vande Bharat Mission
- Covid-19: Air India schedules 7 commercial flights to repatriate nationals from the US
- ‘Allow us to board empty planes’: Stranded NRIs in India urge Centre
- Empty Chair Economy: How Workplaces in India Are Gearing Up For Post-Lockdown Scenario Amid COVID-19
- Aarogya Setu: Why India's Covid-19 contact tracing app is controversial
- Lockdown: Air India to operate 5 flights from Canada to fly back stranded Indians
- Safoora Zargar: Why did India jail a pregnant student during Covid-19?
- Our biggest hurdle is brand salience: Nikhil Sen, MD, Unibic Biscuits India
- Mother’s Day 2020: Geeta Phogat on her struggles post delivering her baby, whom she wants should play her in Dangal 2 and more
- Yuzvendra Chahal hilariously crashes Jassie Gill and Shehnaaz Gill’s Instagram live, wants to star in music video
- Vande Bharat Phase 2: Three flights from UAE bring 543 to Kerala
- Govt expands reach of Vande Bharat mission
- Govt to evacuate over 32,000 Indians in 2nd phase of 'Vande Bharat Mission'
- India to expand ‘Vande Bharat Mission’ to evacuate 67K stranded students from abroad
- The staggering rise of India’s super-rich
- Air India issues advisory for US-bound Indian students holding F or M visa
- India committed to peace and tranquillity along border with China: MEA
- Long before the novel coronavirus, it was Malabar pepper and Maharashtrian ivory that connected Italy to India
- Kerala Lockdown Day 48: Railways to resume few passenger services, Vande Bharat flights & More
- Kerala Lockdown Day 47: Complete shutdown, two Vande Bharat flights and more
Kangana Ranaut Wants The Country To Be Referred To As Bharat Instead Of India, Shares The Reason Why have 642 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at June 22, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.