“Dads are most ordinary men turned by love into heroes, adventurers, story-tellers, and singers of song.” This quote by Australian poet Pam Brown rings every bit true! From throwing you up high in the air to making you laugh as a kid to wiping your tears and motivating you to give life your best shot when you are down, fathers are guiding lights whose love shows us the way.
Every year, people across the globe celebrate the third Sunday in the month of June as Father’s Day. This time, the special day falls on June 20, 2021. Amid the looming COVID-19 pandemic, this year, it might be a little tough for you to step out for celebration with the ‘heroes’ of your life. But fret not, we have another great idea for you to make him feel special on Father’s Day.
Why not plan a movie marathon with him? Yes, you heard that right. And to make things simpler for you, we bring our recommendation of Bollywood movies that you can binge-watch with your daddy dearest. So, what are you folks waiting for? Get ready for the show with huge tubs of popcorns and yummy snacks!
What happens when a young career-oriented woman and her ageing but nagging father go together on a road trip? You get a sweet slice of life film which gently tugs at your heartstrings. As an eccentric father-daughter pair, Amitabh Bachchan and Deepika Padukone are all hoots in this Shoojit Sircar directorial.
A divorcee (Kamal Haasan) takes the guise of a nanny and gets the job of his own daughter’s caretaker to spend some time with her. Chachi 420 is a hilarious take on a father’s undying love for his daughter and is a rollercoaster of emotions.
Akele Hum Akele Tum
If you are in mood to watch a film from early 90s then Mansoor Khan’s Akele Hum Akele Tum would be our pick. Aamir Khan’s portrayal of a single father who learns how to bring up a child makes for a heartwarming watch. Also, we totally love the ‘Tu Mera Dil Tu Meri Jaan’ song in this movie!
” Maari chhoriya chhoro se kam hai ke ?” Touted to be one of the best Bollywood films which celebrates the father-daughter bond, Aamir Khan’s Dangal is just what you need if you are looking out for some inspirational watch with daddy dearest. Fathers give their kids wings to fly and this film perfectly captures this essence.
Late actor Irrfan Khan and Radhika Madan’s Angrezi Medium tells the tale of how a father can go to any extent to fulfill his ‘laadli’ daughter’s dream. After watching this film, we bet you will give your dad a tight hug for always being your strong pillar of support.
102 Not Out
Amitabh Bachchan plays a ‘chivalrous and cool’ dad to Rishi Kapoor’s grumpy character in this Umesh Shukla’s directorial. The two senior actors warm cockles of your hearts with their endearing performances in this film and also deliver an important message.
R Balki’s film not only threw light on the rare genetic condition known as progeria, but it also gave us a sneak-peek of a unique father-son relationship. Paa is a simple story with its heart in the right place.
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
Shah Rukh Khan’s Rahul and Sana Saeed’s Anjali give us major father-daughter goals in this rom-com which also stars Kajol and Rani Mukerji. Be it Anjali pulling her father’s leg on various instances to Rahul rushing to the summer camp when he majorly misses his daughter, Karan Johar’s Kuch Kuch Hota has many cute moments to laugh at with your father.
Ajay Devgn-starrer Drishyam tells the story of a father who is ready to go extreme lengths to save his family after they commit an unexpected crime.
Sushant Singh Rajput’s transformation from a fun-loving college guy to a responsible father who teaches his son how failure is a stepping stone to success, makes for an entertaining watch. This film is a perfect dose of inspiration when life throws a challenge at you!
Ajay Devgn plays a skilled mountaineer who races his time to rescue his daughter from the clutches of human traffickers in Bulgaria. This action-thriller gives us a glimpse of how an ordinary man turns into a superhero when his daughter finds herself in trouble.
Filmibeat wishes all the readers a very Happy Father’s Day.
- Vijay Sethupathi To Make Bollywood Debut Soon; To Make The Announcement On New Year's Day 2021
- 2021: Bollywood's BUSIEST ACTORS
- Feels Special in Its Own Modest Way
- 34 of the best movies to watch on Netflix
- The 35 best movies to watch on Netflix
- 35 best movies to watch on Disney Plus
- 35 of the best movies to watch on Disney Plus
- 13 best TV shows to binge-watch on Disney Plus
- Netflix: brilliant movies to watch this week - October 2020
- The 33 best TV shows to binge-watch on Hulu
- 33 best TV shows to binge-watch on Hulu
- 33 of the best TV shows to binge-watch on Hulu
- 10 Great Laurel and Hardy Movies to Watch Before
- At nearly 60,000, India records highest number of babies born on New Year’s Day 2021: UNICEF
- The 53 best TV shows to binge-watch on Netflix
- Top 10 Big Bollywood Films to Watch Out For in 2021
- Jessica Simpson shows off her flawless complexion in a make-up free selfie as she shares sweet snap of her children binge watching TV
- Nolte: 13 Charles Bronson Movies to Watch Before the Left Bans Them
- Rising Stars of 2021 - 10 names to watch in music, sport, showbiz, TV and more
- Why Bollywood keeps mum about predators
Father's Day 2021: Bollywood Movies To Binge-Watch With Your Dad & Make Him Feel Special! have 936 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at June 20, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.