Divya Dutta had one of the standout roles in Milkha Singh’s biopic Bhaag Milkha Bhaag (2013) starring Farhan Akhtar in the titular role. She played Milkha’s elder sister Isri, and her emotional and dramatic portrayal created a strong impact. Naturally, like most of the cast, Divya too, had met and shared unforgettable moments with The Flying Sikh. Divya was left devastated after the country’s athletic legend passed away due to complications from a COVID-19 infection on June 18. Speaking exclusively to Filmibeat , Divya Dutta recalls her most cherished memories and her feelings about the passing away of Milkha Singh.
‘Reminiscing About His Memories With Him Was Unforgettable’
“It was special for me to portray Irsi, a character that was an integral part of his life. He always said these two women (his wife and sister) “have been special to me and my life”, and to hear him narrating his stories with his sister with his wife was a very cherished memory. It was beautiful to be able to have a peek into the life of such an accomplished person. What made it all the more special was the fact that he narrated it with so much joy. Reminiscing about his memories with him was unforgettable. When we saw the film together, I remember he held my hand very tight and he was so emotional. Since then we developed a bond and whenever I went to Chandigarh, I would visit Milkha ji and his wife Nirmal and thoroughly enjoy our cup of chai together,” remembers Divya.
‘He Was Ecstatic About Seeing His Life On Screen in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag ‘
“With his passing, it feels like the end of an era. I’ll always remember him as an affectionate man who always accepted challenges, who was so full of life. Witnessing his persona made you feel like life is worth living. He was always elated, he was overwhelmed. I think his wife would convey the sentiments more than him, Milkhaji was the quieter sort,” she says.
“As I express my emotions, I can recall Milkha ji’s moist eyes when he embraced us. He was ecstatic about seeing his life on screen in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag . To see so many people getting inspired by him was, of course, very joyful for him, too,” adds Divya.
- Who is Lucy Boynton? Actress who plays Mary Austin in Bohemian Rhapsody and Rami Malek’s girlfriend
- Who is Doctor Ranj Singh? Former Strictly Come Dancing 2018 contestant and This Morning star
- Who is Natascha McElhone? The First actress playing Laz Ingram and Designated Survivor star
- Celebs Peter Andre and Dr Ranj Singh back ‘selfless’ premature boy, 5, vowing to ‘look after other babies’
- Who is Kerry Godliman, what else has the Bad Move actress starred in and is she married?
- From javelin to baseball to WWE: Rinku Singh's 'Million Dollar' dreams
- How Busy Philipps' Instagram made the actress a star
- How old is Esther Rantzen, when was she on That’s Life and what does her charity do?
- The Crown star Claire Foy’s ex Stephen Campbell Moore moves on as he’s pictured kissing actress Sophie Cookson
- YouTube sensation Lilly Singh announces she is taking a break
- Sheridan Smith Coming Home viewers sob as actress breaks down in tears over her late father
- Snooker legend Ronnie O’Sullivan quits nights out with Liam Gallagher for nights in with Holby City actress Laila Rouass
- Katherine MacGregor dead – Little House On The Prairie actress dies aged 93
- Raj Singh says he will make more signings for Hartlepool but only if he gets value buys
- Ayda Field reveals she missed out on being ‘highest-paid actress in TV’ after losing out to Kaley Cuoco in The Big Bang Theory
- Who is Natalie Dormer? Game Of Thrones actress who split from fiance Anthony Byrne
- Amy Winehouse’s family sign multi-million deal to make biopic about her life – but insist Lady Gaga will not play the icon
- Who is Jessica Raine? Informer actress playing Emily Waters and Jenny Lee in Call the Midwife
- Who is Emily Atack? I’m A Celebrity 2018 star and actress playing Charlotte in The Inbetweeners
- Notorious lag Charles Bronson cleared of attempted GBH — and it’s the first time in his life a jury has acquitted him
Bhaag Milkha Bhaag Actress Divya Dutta on Milkha Singh: He Was So Full Of Life (Exclusive) have 725 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at June 19, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.