The Lincoln Center Theater production of Antoinette Chinonye Nwandu's award-winning play Pass Over will begin performances August 4 at the August Wilson Theatre, making it first Broadway show in line to hit the stage since the industry's Covid shutdown in 2020.
As now planned, Pass Over will begin preview performances nearly a full month before the previous front-runner, Hadestown , returns on Sept. 2. The official opening night for Pass Over will be Sunday, Sept. 12; tickets go on sale Friday for performances through Oct. 10.
Directed by Obie Award winner Danya Taymor, Pass Over will star Jon Michael Hill ( Superior Donuts, TV's Elementary ), Namir Smallwood in his Broadway debut, and Tony Award winner Gabriel Ebert (Matilda). Pass Over will mark the Broadway debuts of writer Nwandu and director Taymor.
The play's world premiere was produced and presented at Steppenwolf Theatre Company and was filmed by director Spike Lee for a film adaptation that premiered at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival. The play then was staged by The Lincoln Center Theater/LCT3 at the Off Broadway Claire Tow Theater where it had an extended run and received the 2019 Lortel Award for Outstanding Play. The full original cast from the Off Broadway Lincoln Center Theater production will return for Broadway.
Pass Over draws inspiration from Waiting for Godot and the Exodus story, and takes place on a city street corner. As described by the production: Moses and Kitch stand around – talking shit, passing the time, and hoping that maybe today will be different. As they dream of their promised land, a stranger wanders into their space and disrupts their plans.
Pass Over will be produced on Broadway by Matt Ross, Jujamcyn Theaters, Lincoln Center Theater, Concord Theatricals, Renee Montgomery, Blair Underwood, Madeleine Foster Bersin, Imagine Equal Entertainment, Austin & Maral Moldow, and Antoinette Chinonye Nwandu. The production reunites the full design team from the Lincoln Center Theater/LCT3 production, with set design by Wilson Chin, costume design by Sarafina Bush, lighting design by Marcus Doshi and sound design by Justin Ellington.
- Hemp, Inc. Commends Illinois Senate Vote to Legalize Industrial Hemp
- Economic and social development created rubber industry benefits to the society
- Heaviest Rains Pass South of MSP Tonight
- McConnell tells senators he might scrap August recess
- ART: Art in the Wild returns to Harrisburg
- Celtics beat 76ers 108-103, take 2-0 lead in series
- Rental enforcement lags in Detroit’s lead hot spots
- Anger boils over as feds begin wild horse roundup near Las Vegas
- ASU alum Nick Cartell returns to Gammage as star of 'Les Miserables'
- Early voting begins for Iowa's June 5 primary
- Kathleen Chalfant Reflects on the Courage and Serendipity of the Off-Broadway Community
- Buried on Broadway: Predators destroyed by Jets in Game 5
- Broadway Deli and Freshwater are open, Mother's Day highlights, and more: KC's food and drink events for May 7-13
- Joshua Henry Does Whatever It Takes, in ‘Carousel’ and as a Father
- ‘The most welcoming safe space on the planet’: How Sara Bareilles returned to her roots in theater
- Gina Haspel, Trump's pick to run the CIA, passes crucial Senate committee vote
- Predators coach Peter Laviolette is running a clinic on all of us for NHL playoffs
- A Journey Into the Exploitive, Bullshit-Heavy, Sanity-Saving Baby Sleep Advice Industry
- Nigeria: Come Out, Take Your Rightful Positions in Governance, Ekweremadu Tells Nigerian Youth
- Trump's pick to lead CIA says she will 'never, ever' restart 9/11 waterboarding programme
Antoinette Chinonye Nwandu’s ‘Pass Over’ Begins Broadway Run August 4, Taking Lead In Industry’s Return have 568 words, post on deadline.com at June 1, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.