Adah Sharma made her debut in Bollywood with Vikram Bhatt’s 2009 horror film 1920 opposite Rajiesh Duggal. In a recent tete-a-tete with a leading tabloid, the actress opened up about her film journey. She said that entering showbiz was like stepping into a Jurassic Park blindfolded.
On being asked why she picked up an unconventional film like 1920 as her first film, Adah shared, “In the beginning, it’s always the film that chooses you. I was going for a lot of auditions and most of them were love stories, which everyone told me were ideal as my first film. I auditioned for ‘1920’ too; they loved my screen test but thought I didn’t fit the look. But I guess a good audition does go a long way. They then did a few look tests with me and I was on board.”
The actress said that for her, 1920 was the role of a lifetime. “As a debut film or otherwise, I was very excited,” she recalled while speaking with the tabloid.
Adah said that when she saw herself on the silver screen for the first, it felt like she was watching someone else. She added, “I didn’t really connect with that person, I still don’t. Even with some glamorous photographs, I look at them and wonder if it’s me.”
The Commando 3 actress also opened up about her experience as an outsider in the film industry and said, “I’ve met both good and not-so-good people. Just like kindergarten and school or any other profession, both sides exist; you have to decide which side you want to be on.”
In a career spanning over a decade, Adah has had her share of hits and misses at the box office. Speaking about how she deals with her failures, the actress revealed, “I feel bad and cry. I deal with it like everyone else. Eventually, I move on. I try to speed up the process of wallowing in self-pity.”
Adah was last seen in a Hindi short film titled Soulsathi which premiered on Eros Now.
- ‘It’s been amazing,’ How lockdown has been a bliss for Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma
- Former Disneyland employee reveals what celebrity visitors to the park were REALLY like, branding Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon 'awful divas' and calling Nicholas Cage 'creepy'
- ‘It was Irrfan Khan’s strength that kept Sutapa and his sons going, she is equally courageous’: Vipin Sharma remembers the man behind the actor
- Exclusive Interview! Aham Sharma Is Ready To Do Bold Scenes In Web Series Only If Story Demands!
- Three Times Joe Biden Was Reportedly Involved with the Russia Collusion Hoax
- Virat Kohli feels lucky spending so much time with wife Anushka Sharma due to coronavirus lockdown
- Tag Heuer Connected (2020) review: Go on, indulge yourself
- Watching 'Normal People' is irresistible in abnormal times
- Personal trainer, 33, whose breast implants made her so sick she couldn't get out of bed reveals doctor REFUSED to remove them because it would ruin her 'Sports Illustrated body'
- Kim Kardashian takes Malibu! Reality star wears tiny bikini as she emerges for first time in months to enjoy solo stroll at beach rental... following claims of tension with Kanye West
- Reopening Hollywood: Vet Producer, First Time Helmer Randall Emmett On Shuttering & Restarting ‘Midnight In The Switchgrass’
- 'The Last Dance' takeaways: Michael Jordan's gambling, Kobe Bryant connection headlined episodes 5 and 6
- Michael Jordan-Kobe Bryant connection: What 'The Last Dance' doc doesn't mention about their relationship
- 'The Last Dance' takeaways: Michael Jordan's gambling, Kobe Bryant connection highlighted in episodes 5 and 6
- Kobe Bryant-Michael Jordan connection: What 'The Last Dance' doesn't tell you about their relationship
- Kobe Bryant-Michael Jordan connection: What 'The Last Dance' doc doesn't mention about their relationship
- Michael Jordan-Kobe Bryant connection: What 'The Last Dance' does not mention about their relationship
- Don Shula, the NFL’s all-time leader in coaching wins, dies at 90
- Hello Neighbour! Building bonds in the time of social distancing
- How to Use tmux on Linux (and Why It’s Better Than Screen)
Adah Sharma Recalls The First Time She Saw Herself On Screen; 'I Didn't Really Connect With That Person' have 681 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at June 23, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.