As India continues to battle the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. (ZEE), a leading Global Content Company, along with Salman Khan Films (SKF), have pledged to provide support towards COVID relief work across the Nation, including donation of essential medical equipment ranging from oxygen cylinders, concentrators and ventilators. This support will stem from the revenues garnered from the multi-platform release of the much-awaited film Radhe on 13th May 2021. ZEE and SKF have partnered with India's largest and most trusted donation platform – GiveIndia, to activate the much-required relief efforts.
The recent surge of cases across the country has led to a severe strain on medical facilities due to a shortage of critical life-saving equipment. The contribution from the revenue generated by the film's multi-format release across theatres, ZEE's pay per view service – ZEEPlex and India's leading OTT platform – ZEE5, will assist GiveIndia in procuring the mentioned essential medical supplies to support the healthcare system. ZEE and SKF will also work towards providing support to the families of daily wage earners who are an integral part of the overall media & entertainment ecosystem.
Commenting on this noble step, the company's spokesperson said, "The Nation is going through an extremely challenging situation and as a responsible corporate, ZEE stays committed towards taking all the necessary steps to strengthen the fight against Covid-19. At ZEE, we believe in not only providing extraordinary entertainment to our viewers, but also going beyond the business to undertake meaningful and focused efforts to drive positive change across the Country. We sincerely hope that the support from the release of the film Radhe, will help amplify the resources to provide vital relief efforts to people affected by the pandemic."
Salman Khan Films' spokesperson added, "We are glad to be a part of this noble initiative, to contribute our bit towards the Nation's fight against Covid-19. Since the last year, we have been consistent in our efforts towards fighting Covid-19, since this unprecedented crisis struck our country and the world. Very importantly, we have also come to realise that holding up the release of a pre-shot film may not help us in any way but using its proceeds towards fighting the pandemic is a more suitable and pragmatic approach. Radhe’s release on ZEE5 and ZeePlex will empower us to contribute more in these extremely difficult times.".
As a responsible corporate citizen, ZEE has taken strong steps, to enhance the overall healthcare infrastructure of the country, in its fight against the Covid-19 pandemic. In its national level CSR drive towards enhancing the Country's healthcare infrastructure against Covid-19, ZEE had donated 240+ ambulances, 46,000+ PPE kits, oxygen humidifiers & 6,00,000 Daily Meals. The Company had also built and donated a 304-bed Dedicated Covid Healthcare Centre (DCHC) for frontline workers & their families in Maharashtra.
ZEE Entertainment continues to take concerted steps to support the Nation in its fight against COVID-19.
- Singer Arjun Kanungo to make his Bollywood debut with Salman Khan’s Radhe
- Salman Khan has liked the idea of my next film: Sooraj Barjatya
- Radhe Exclusive: Salman Khan sets up a makeshift gym on the sets; see pics
- ‘Radhe: Your Most Wanted Bhai’: Salman Khan cycles to the sets leaving behind his fancy cars - watch
- Watch videos: 5 times Salman Khan ditched his fancy cars to cycle on the roads
- Reunion for Salman Khan and Kabir Khan
- Sara Ali Khan says 'aadaab' to Salman Khan on 'Bigg Boss' sets, video goes viral
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 112 Written Updates: Salman Khan Asks Paras Not to Speak on Mahira's Behalf
- Bigg Boss 13: Asim Riaz loses Elite Club membership after fight with Sidharth Shukla
- Bigg Boss 13: Himanshi Khurana confirms break up with fiance; tweets in support of Asim Riaz
- 25 years of Karan Arjun: Netizens get nostalgic about the Salman and Shah Rukh Khan starrer; share videos and pictures
- 'Bigg Boss 13' Preview: Sara Ali Khan-Kartik Aaryan Bring Fun & Love To The Reality Show! PROMOS
- Ajaz Khan on violence in Bigg Boss 13: ‘I was thrown out for hitting Ali, why are these people not treated the same?’
- Bigg Boss 13: Kartik Aaryan and Sara Ali Khan hilariously recreate Sidharth Shukla-Shehnaaz Gill’s romance
- Bigg Boss 13: Twitter slams makers for favouring Sidharth Shukla after ugly fight with Asim Riaz
- Irrfan Khan announces return with emotional note; Hansal Mehta, Nimrat Kaur welcome him back
- Bigg Boss 13: Has Asim Riaz Bagged Bollywood Film Opposite Sunny Leone?
- Bigg Boss 13: It is Mahira Sharma vs Rashami Desai in the house, Gauahar Khan takes sides
- Watch: Anti-CAA and NRC protestors in Delhi’s Shaheen Bagh question Shah Rukh Khan's silence by singing his popular song
- Movies on TV this week: Jan. 19-25: ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’
Zee Entertainment And Salman Khan Films’ Radhe To Support The Nation’s Fight Against COVID-19 have 815 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at May 5, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.