Yamiche Alcindor , White House correspondent for PBS NewsHour , will become the new moderator of Washington Week , the PBS public affairs show. Alcindor will succeed Robert Costa, who departed the show in January after moderating since 2017. Alcindor has served as guest moderator since then. In a statement, Sharon Percy Rockefeller, president and CEO of WETA, which produces the show, said of Alcindor, "With composure and tenacity, she has covered some of the most momentous political stories of our time, continually demonstrating the highest standards of journalism." Alcindor will continue her role on PBS NewsHour, as well as a contributor for NBC News and MSNBC. She will start on Friday. "This show has an amazing legacy, and I am thrilled to step into it. I hope to build on it, to expand it and to bring this show forward distinctively into these times of challenge and controversy," she said in a statement. "In doing so, my guiding light will be serving our audiences and not shying away from the hard conversations about power and politics." She will be the ninth moderator on the show, after Costa and, before that, Gwen Ifill, who helmed the program from 1999 until… Read full this story
- 'Verzuz' has everyone flocking to Instagram. Here's why the weekly battles are such a hit
- Reporters Alcindor, Collins, Jiang get under Trump’s skin
- TikTok needs to win over Washington. Hiring a CEO from Disney won't be enough
- Trump reveals he has defied doctors' warnings by taking unproven drug hydroxychloroquine for 'a week and a half' to PREVENT Covid-19 – as medics warn he is setting a dangerous example and Chinese state mouthpiece says he is governing by 'witchcraft'
- White House Tries to Justify Trump’s Scarborough Smears Despite Widower’s Demand to Stop
- Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany Deflects On Donald Trump’s Conspiracy Tweets, Tries To Shift Blame To Joe Scarborough
- Biden Apologized for a Bad Joke Today. Trump Is a Bad Man Every Day.
- “Just A Rude Person You Are”: Donald Trump Lashes Out At CBS News’ Paula Reid After She Asks Him, “Where Is The Plan?”
- Media largely ignored Biden staffer's attack on CBS’ Catherine Herridge
- How I'm Living Now: Franklin Leonard, Black List Founder
Yamiche Alcindor Named Moderator Of PBS’ ‘Washington Week’ have 365 words, post on deadline.com at May 4, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.