Over a year after A Quiet Place Part II was set to release, Paramount has dropped the final trailer for it. It looks pretty good!
Paramount made the decision to pull the movie from the schedule back in March 2020 due to concerns over the pandemic . At the time, director and star of the first film John Krasinski tweeted that he was proud of it, but felt it needed to be seen in a theater for true impact.
The problem was Paramount had already blown its marketing budget for the movie when it was pulled from the release schedule. The world premiere was held in New York on March 8th, 2020. Critics saw it and many published glowing first reactions to it. Plenty of my friends saw it in early screenings and told me it was great. Emily Blunt appeared on talk shows hyping it. Billboards and murals went up all over the country with a big March 20th, 2020 release date plastered on them.
Then A Quiet Place Part II 's release was pulled and, at least in my neighborhood, no one rented the billboards and murals after the release date came and went. Ten-foot tall images of a beleaguered Emily Blunt and her kids making their way through an abandoned city lingered for months in my partially abandoned New York neighborhood. Every day I'd walk my dog on empty streets, and pass by them — weird time capsules of the before time.
And I guess I just forgot the film never actually came out. Until today's final trailer dropped, I just assumed it had come out, and everyone but me saw it, and then Paramount just didn't put it on Paramount+ for reasons known only to Paramount.
But with millions of Americans vaccinated, and theaters slowly moving toward reopening, A Quiet Place Part II is finally getting its big release. If you are like me and had assumed it already came out, you can now look forward to May 28th, 2021, when it really will, for totally real this time, be released.
And if you're wary of actually going to a theater, given an alarming number of Americans are unvaccinated for a wide variety of reasons, and you'd prefer to watch it at home as we've all learned to consume our big-budget flicks, then good news! Paramount has confirmed A Quiet Place Part II will be on Paramount+ 45 days after it premieres in theaters.
- RHONY alum Jules Wainstein finalizes divorce with ex Michael four years after bitter split... and months after her arrest for violent altercation with ex
- The Final Word: Odell Beckham Jr, the year of the comeback and impossible situations
- Brother, I'm a millionaire! History teacher becomes first winner in 14 years as he scoops ITV quiz jackpot just 12 months after his brother walked away with £500,000 – and he answered all 15 questions in 'record time'
- World War II: The photo that shocked the world
- Twist of fate that cost Birmingham stabbing victim his life: 23-year-old and his badly injured friend 'were only at the scene of the attack after heading to the WRONG Ibis hotel following a night out'
- Stan releases an explosive teaser trailer for this years hottest crime drama Power Book II: Ghost and finally reveals when it will be hitting your screen
- ‘A.P. Bio’ Drops Pandemic-Free Season 3 Trailer And Key Art Ahead Of Peacock Premiere
- Erich Maria Remarque: The long legacy of 'All Quiet on the Western Front'
- ‘I can’t breathe’: 40 years before George Floyd, this is what one black boy heard his mum gasp after she was shot by a white police officer in their Brixton home – and now Cherry Groce’s son tells how he finally won justice
- 'Lucifer' Season 6 Netflix Release Date, Cast, Trailer, Plot
- Strictly Come Dancing releases joyful FIRST TRAILER for the new series - and vows to banish the weekday blues after months in lockdown
- Stranger Things season 4: release date theories, trailer, Hopper's return, more
- Lily James looks nervous as she finally makes her first TV appearance following Dominic West controversy after pulling out of a series of interviews – but fails to mention THOSE photographs
- ‘Dune’ trailer: Denis Villeneuve calls movie ‘a call to action for us to change things’
- Iranian skipper, 37, of migrant boat which capsized killing family of five could face up to ten years in jail after becoming first Channel 'trafficker' to face manslaughter charge
- Sports news feed: Alexander Zverev reaches US Open final
- Footfall on UK's High Streets drops by 3% in a week with visitor numbers down by 41.3% as local lockdown restrictions deal new hammer blow to recovering retailers
- Resident Evil 8 Village release date, news and trailers
- What a difference a year makes! Only the hardiest of holidaymakers hit Britain's beaches as temperatures plunge to 11C on coldest late August bank holiday for half a century - after crowds basked in 92F sunshine on this day in 2019
- Planet Earth II: the most amazing places, chosen by producers
The final trailer for A Quiet Place Part II drops over a year after I thought it came out have 818 words, post on www.theverge.com at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.