The Meet the Blacks sequel has gotten its official trailer ahead of its release this summer. Called The House Next Door: Meet the Blacks 2 , the sequel brings back the original cast while bringing comedian Katt Williams into the mix. It is set to be released in theaters on Friday, June 11, 2021, and you can check out the official trailer below.
The logline for Meet the Blacks 2 reads: “Carl Black ( Mike Epps ) is about to face off with the neighbor from hell (Katt Williams) in The House Next Door . Carl has only ever wanted the best for his family, but after surviving the events that led to his (not-so-)bestselling book, he’s moving everyone to his childhood home, where’s he’ll contend not only with his wife Lorene (Zulay Henao) and kids Allie (Bresha Webb) and Carl Jr. (Alex Henderson) but everyone who drives him crazy: Cronut (Lil Duval), Freezee (Andrew Bachelor), Rico (Tyrin Turner), and an entire neighborhood of characters who seem to attract strange activity after dark.
And nothing could be more freaky than his new neighbor Dr. Mamuwalde ( Katt Williams ), who may or may not be a vampire. From co-writer/director Deon Taylor ( Fatale , The Intruder ), as the Meet the Blacks universe expands, it will be up to Carl to figure out what his neighbor is up to in the middle of the night before it’s too late for him and his family.”
Deon Taylor directs The House Next Door: Meet the Blacks 2 using a screenplay co-written with Corey Harrell. Hidden Film Group’s Taylor, Roxanne Avent Taylor, and Omar Joseph produced the sequel alongside Naptown Productions’ Mike Epps, Angi Gones, and Shannon McIntosh. Michael Finley, Joaquim Guedes, Niles Kirchner, Robert F. Smith, Bill Straus, and Katt Williams executive produced.
“We first made the film because it is rare that we get comedies that speak to the urban culture ,” said Taylor, who also directed and co-wrote Meet the Blacks with Nicole DeMasi, in a statement. “After the success of the first film culturally and theatrically, it was only right to service the fans that were demanding a sequel. This is why we make art and why it’s important for more black filmmakers to emerge.”
In the original Meet the Blacks , Carl Black and his family pack up to seek a better life elsewhere, heading from Chicago straight to Beverly Hills. Unfortunately, they wind up getting themselves right into the middle of a parody of The Purge , pulling into town during a period of time where any and all crime is legal for 12 hours. Despite negative reviews at the time, the movie has its fans, as it was listed at No. 5 in the Top 10 streamed movies in the world on Hulu back in January.
The House Next Door: Meet the Blacks 2 will be released in theaters on Friday, June 11, 2021, by Hidden Empire Film Group. Lionsgate will partner with Hidden Empire to release the film on demand and on blu-ray/DVD later this summer. This news comes to us from Hidden Empire, and you can find out more information about the movie at the official website for The House Next Door .
Topics: Meet The Blacks 2
- Black Monday tracker: Which NFL coaches and GMs got the ax?
- Surveying fallout from Black Monday: Who’s coming . . . who still may be going?
- Doors open for ASU to fight for recruits
- The Schedule for Aretha Franklin’s Funeral Is the Most Optimistic Schedule I’ve Ever Seen in My Entire Black Funeral Life
- ‘The Ultimate Fighter’: Meet contestant Rose Namajunas
- Meet Dr. Erin Shannon, the holistic practitioner several Rams and other athletes swear by
- Stadium Series Weekend: Chavez Ravine to House Ruth Built in 24 Hours
- Mail-it-in Friday: Your theories on Bill Belichick’s black eye
- Mike Haywood has second chance at coaching thanks to Texas Southern
- Angels move past Dipoto, into meeting with Hamilton in Texas
- Eight NFL coaches with reason to worry on Black Monday
- The Latest: Zach LaVine takes flight, wins 2nd dunk contest
- Eric Musselman on frenetic pace since taking over at Nevada
- TUF 19 Fighter Blog: Mike King
- Stoops takes responsibility for Sooners’ underwhelming season
- 20 NFL coach and GM candidates you need to know before Black Monday
- Nets take down Hawks, pull within 2-1 in series
- Hawks GM Ferry takes indefinite leave of absence
- Hawks GM Ferry takes indefinite leave of absence after Deng comments
- Minicamp madness: What to watch for as teams take the field
Meet the Blacks 2 Trailer Takes Mike Epps & Katt Williams to The House Next Door have 723 words, post on movieweb.com at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Movie News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.