Facebook 's Oversight Board will announce on Wednesday the fate of Donald Trump 's account, which the platform banned following the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection. The oversight board will announce a decision around 9 AM ET. Trump was suspended indefinitely following the Jan. 6 siege on the Capitol. He was impeached for a second time for inciting the unrest, but acquitted by the Senate. Other social media platforms followed in restricting Trump's accounts, and he was banned outright from Twitter. The Oversight Board was set up to handle appeals of company decisions. Facebook referred its decision to the board on Jan. 21, but kept Trump's suspension in place in the meantime. "We believe our decision was necessary and right," wrote Facebook's Nick Clegg. "Given its significance, we think it is important for the board to review it and reach an independent judgment on whether it should be upheld." Related Story Newsmax Issues Apology, Settles Lawsuit Filed By Dominion Employee Over False Election Rigging Claims "We have taken the view that in open democracies people have a right to hear what their politicians are saying — the good, the bad and the ugly — so that they can be held to… Read full this story
- Democrats get ready to ram through next phase of Donald Trump impeachment inquiry in face of Republican objections as he demands his party 'stand together and defender the leader' against 'smears'
- Donald Trump says 'I don't blame Kim Jong-un' for wanting 'nothing to do with John Bolton' as he unloads on fired 'tough guy' national security adviser after getting rid of him because he believed he was leaking
- Donald Trump quotes an iconic poem written by Scott Morrison's great-great aunt at a lavish state dinner in the White House's Rose Garden in front of the who's who of Australia and the US
- Boris Johnson intervenes over US diplomat's wife: PM telephones Donald Trump to urge he 'reconsiders' decision to give diplomatic immunity woman who fled Britain after hit-and-run crash that left 19-year-old dead
- Palmer Luckey allegedly sent Donald Trump $100,000 for his inauguration
- Why video games are safe from Donald Trump
- Trump order: Escalate biggest trade war threat since WWII. Stocks had started recovery, now what?
- Trump’s White House video games meeting has a very concerning list of invitees
- President Trump showed a weird frag montage in his video game violence meeting
- Cambridge Analytica closure – how was it involved with the Facebook data scandal and who is whistleblower Christopher Wylie?
Facebook Oversight Board Sets Wednesday To Announce Ruling On Donald Trump’s Account have 413 words, post on deadline.com at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.