The final trailer for A Quiet Place Part II is here, teasing one of the first big theatrical releases since the Covid-19 pandemic shut down cinemas last spring. The sequel to 2018's A Quiet Place premieres on May 28th.
Part II picks up where John Krasinski 's first horror film left off, following the surviving members of the Abbott family as they make their way through a post-apocalyptic world. The film stars Emily Blunt , Millicent Simmonds, Cillian Murphy, and Noah Jupe. Krasinski, whose character Lee sacrificed his life to save his family in the first film, appears in A Quiet Place Part II in flashbacks, including one in the trailer.
"I had this small idea, which was to make Millie the lead of the movie," Krasinski, who directed A Quiet Place Part II as well as the first film, told Variety in March 2020. "Not only did I think she would give an amazing performance, which I knew she could do, her character opens the door to all the themes I was dealing with in the first movie."
Simmonds, who is deaf and communicates in American Sign Language, assisted Krasinski in improving his ASL on set for the mostly silent film.
"If the first movie is from the parents to the kids, this is the love letter from the kids to the parents," Krasinski added. "It's a letter of dreams and hopes. I hope [my children are] this brave, and I hope they're this courageous, and I hope they're the ones that, when time gets dark, they're cool enough to light the candle."
- Blockbusters are back: New Fast & Furious film aims to jolt US movie-going
- Why Aren't Movie Monsters Terrifying Anymore?
- ‘The Suicide Squad’: Late Summer Smash Or Unrequested Sequel?
- Michael Jackson 'felt betrayed' by Martin Bashir after intimate documentary
- The best 100 horror films ever made and where to watch them
- Moby Dick to Jaws: 10 most memorable cinematic sea monsters
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier Review: MCU’s Second Generation Off to a Rocky Start
- Epic Games free games 2021 full list
- The Best iPhone Games Currently Available (June 2021) | Digital Trends
- Playhouse 90 refined live TV—and then killed it
- 15 TV shows and films Meghan Markle has appeared in
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Is a Likable Near-Miss
- The Paradox at the Heart of Godzilla
- ‘In the Heights’ and Colorism: What Is Lost When Afro-Latinos Are Erased
- A Brief History Of Gasoline: A Century And A Half Of Lies
- Sam Smith and Paramore’s Hayley Williams shocked over ‘literal torture’ in Framing Britney Spears documentary
Emily Blunt Stars in Terrifying New Trailer for ‘A Quiet Place Part II’ have 428 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at May 6, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.