Breaking News When Claressa Shields hits the ring on Friday night — she’ll be rocking custom fight trunks paying tribute to Kobe Bryant and Gianna . 25-year-old Shields is taking on IBF super welterweight champion Marie-Eve Dicaire — in a fight to unify the super welterweight division. Claressa has established herself as the top fighter in women’s boxing — she’s 10-0 as a pro … with TWO gold medals in the Olympics. She was clearly inspired by the greatness of Kobe and his daughter Gianna — which is why she decided to put their names on her trunks. Shields tells TMZ Sports she’s laser-focused on her fight with Dicaire — explaining, “I wanna knock her out but I also wanna have a great performance.” “She’s gonna come out there and try to perform but I just know that I can get her out between rounds 5 and 7. It just depends which round that I’m really feeling it.” Play video content TMZSports.com As we previously reported, Shields is also training to make the jump from boxing to MMA … with her first MMA fight scheduled to take place in the summer. Still no word on who Claressa’s first MMA opponent… Read full this story
- Kobe-Chris Paul MVP Battle
- Use Custom Awards to Show Your Appreciation
- The Words, Achievements, Honors and Legacies of Frederick Douglass Remain Indelibly Printed in Us
- Start With Star Craft and Work Your Way Through the Saga
- Paul Pierce the Rise of a Champion
- Cultivating Team Spirit and a Winning Attitude to Achieve Peak Performance and Win Games As a Team
- USA Basketball Team - Is it Going to Win the Gold Medals in 2008 Olympics?
- New NBA Memorabilia Online - Collectibles For Your Favorite Team
- Bullfighting in Murcia - The History and the Tradition
- Memories of Firebase Illingsworth, Vietnam
Boxing Star Claressa Shields Honoring Kobe Bryant & Gianna with Custom Fight Trunks have 292 words, post on www.tmz.com at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.