Breaking News Getty Alex Smith ‘s run in D.C. is over … the QB has officially been released by the Washington Football Team. Now, the 36-year-old signal caller with quite possibly the greatest comeback story EVER will try and continue his NFL career somewhere else. Remember, Smith suffered a catastrophic injury to his right leg in 2018 — a spiral and compound fracture to his tibia and fibula — when he was sacked during a game against the Houston Texans. Waiting for your permission to load the Instagram Media. The injury was so bad, Smith ultimately needed 17 operations to repair the damage — and at one point, doctors seriously considered amputating the limb at the knee! Smith missed the entire 2019 season — but trained his ass off … and ultimately returned to the field in 2020. Miraculously, Smith got the green light from his doctors to resume football activities in July 2020 — and was activated in August 2020. Smith served as a backup for most of the season — but when the starters all went down … he stepped up and led the WFT in an unlikely Week 13 victory against the then-undefeated Pittsburgh Steelers! Overall, Smith… Read full this story
- Which football teams have been referenced on album covers?
- All-Pac-12 football teams: Six Buffs recognized by conference’s coaches
- ‘Paradise Found’: 101 Studios & ‘The Rookie’ Producer Mark Ciardi Team For Story Of High School Football Team That Gave California Town Hope After 2018 Camp Fire
- Football Delhi celebrates football for all with its first-ever Awards Night; Ayush Adhikari & Dalima Chibber awarded
- MaxPreps Top 15 high school football Games of the Week headlined by No. 1 Mater Dei vs. No. 2 St. John Bosco
- Jumping right in: Rookies make big impact on NFL season
- MaxPreps Top 10 high school football Games of the Week headlined by No. 1 St. John Bosco vs. No. 8 De La Salle
- Captaincy inspires Jess Duffin and raises question of Australia comeback
- QPR add to Newcastle’s relegation woes after Leroy Fer seals comeback
- Mater Dei-St. John Bosco set to add to No. 1 vs. 2 high school football history
Alex Smith Released By Washington Football Team After Incredible Comeback Season have 326 words, post on www.tmz.com at May 3, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.