The deadly coronavirus pandemic has plagued the entertainment industry since last year and again the Hindi film industry has come to a halt, given the huge spike in COVID-19 cases due to the second wave of infections. Last year, during the lockdown, Aditya Chopra lent his support to thousands of daily wage earners of the film industry by crediting money directly into their bank accounts.
The biggest production house of India, Yash Raj Films, has again decided to come forward in this moment of need and is launching the ‘Yash Chopra Saathi Initiative’ to provide support to thousands of daily workers in the film industry.
Aditya Chopra has taken cognizance of the massive socio-economic and humanitarian crisis that the daily workers of the industry are currently facing and The Yash Chopra Foundation – is rolling out the ‘Yash Chopra Saathi Initiative’ so that thousands of daily wage earners can tide over these turbulent and highly unpredictable times.
As part of the initiative, the foundation will initiate a direct benefit transfer of Rs 5000 to the women and senior citizens of the industry as well as distribute Ration kits to workers for a family of 4 for an entire month through their NGO partners Youth Feed India. Through an online application process at https://yashchoprafoundation.org, those in need can apply immediately to avail this support from YRF.
Akshaye Widhani, Senior Vice President, Yash Raj Films says, “The Yash Chopra Foundation is committed to constantly and relentlessly being a support system to the Hindi film industry and its workers who have been an integral part of our 50 year journey. The pandemic has pushed the backbone of our industry, the daily workers, to a breaking point and YRF wants to support as many workers and their families who are in need due to the loss of livelihood. Yash Chopra Saathi Initiative is aiming to provide support to the pandemic hit workers of our industry who we urgently need to focus on.”
- Russian Soyuz rocket docks: First flight for two crew members since near-disaster last year when a booster failed after launch reaches the International Space Station
- Bush seeks support on Iraq in final address
- Kangana Ranaut sends legal notice to media guild, Press Council for 'wrongful' support to journalist
- KOLB: America Needs A Strategic Economic Plan To Jump-Start American Industry
- Your Child Can Become an Astronaut — A Brief Guide to Launch the Dream
- Aaha Kalyanam Review
- The true cost of private contracts in universities
- The Block host recruited by Prime Minister Scott Morrison to address tradie shortage
- The Odd Story of How Email Became So Damn Popular
- How The Story Of R. Kelly’s “Sex Cult” Finally Went Public — And Quickly Exploded
- Buhari ‘s keeping promises to Nigerians – Presidency
- President Buhari’s 2019 Budget speech
- The dark history of Donald Trump's rightwing revolt
- Razer CEO Berated And Threatened His Staff, Former Employees Say
- Facebook will pay an unprecedented $5 billion penalty over privacy breaches
- Reinventing the relationship between workers and tech
- The inside story of Facebook’s biggest setback
- Fairphone Review and Giveaway
- Mum-of-three trapped by £8,355 high cost credit debt and poverty premium
- Dokubo: How we are preparing ex-agitators for life after amnesty, oil
Aditya Chopra Launches ‘Yash Chopra Saathi Initiative’ To Provide Support To The Industry’s Daily Wage Earners have 524 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at May 7, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.