EXCLUSIVE: Universal executive Xavier Albert , who has been Managing Director for France since 2016, is taking on a dual-market role with the studio and will also become Managing Director for Italy. Albert will take over the MD Italy post from Richard Borg who is retiring in July after 30 years with the Universal Pictures International organization. Universal's President of International Distribution, Veronika Kwan Vandenberg , made the news official in a note to staff today. Related Story ‘Tomorrow War’ Director Chris McKay Boards ‘Renfield’; Universal’s Latest Monster Movie Focused on Character From ‘Dracula’ Albert will report to the new Executive Vice President of EMEA, a role that is in the process of being filled. In the interim, he will report directly to Niels Swinkels, EVP International Distribution. Before joining Universal, Albert held several executive roles at Netflix and Disney in France. Over the past five years, he has "brilliantly managed the distribution of our Universal slate in France, as well as great results with local content fare," Kwan Vandenberg noted. "He is a respected leader known for empowering his team and developing internal talent for new opportunities, which I know are qualities he will also apply towards the Italy… Read full this story
- Startup Republic: How France reinvented itself for the 21st century by wooing entrepreneurs to Paris
- Net neutrality could become law in Italy
- How Google's robo-cars mean the end of driving as we know it
- Vatican says financial allegations must be 'interpreted with care'
- Here's Barcelona's cunning plan to be new heart for digital health, biotech
- Tech firms that struggled in 2011
- German Automakers Reportedly Forced Humans To Breathe Toxic Diesel Fumes In Tests, Too
- How the Inclusion Rider Came to Be, Thanks to 3 Women
- How Much Does It Cost To Make A Big Video Game?
- Abu Dhabi's first tech accelerator opens its doors with skate wearables, fine art, and ambition
Universal’s Managing Director For France, Xavier Albert, Adding Italy To Purview have 308 words, post on deadline.com at April 13, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.