The Tribeca Film Festival on Tuesday revealed its 2021 lineup, with 66 films spanning three competition sections as well as the annual event's Viewpoints, Spotlight, Midnight, Movies Plus, and Tribeca Critics' Week sections. The festival will run June 9-20 with a mix of live in-person events at outdoor venues across all New York City boroughs. It kicks off with the world premiere of Warner Bros' In the Heights, the adaptation of Lin-Manuel Miranda's Broadway play set in the city's Washington Heights neighborhood. Other pics in the lineup that includes 56 world premieres are a selection of films that saw their 2020 Tribeca slots scrapped by the pandemic. There is also a series of Juneteenth programming throughout the sections that will celebrate voices from the African Diaspora, with special emphasis on African-American artists, performers, filmmakers, and interdisciplinary creators. The curation comes as this year's dates had to be shifted to June from the fest's usual April slot. Related Story Tribeca To Kick Off With Indoor-Outdoor World Premiere Of ‘In The Heights’ "Despite the challenges our industry faced this past year, it did not stop filmmakers, artists, and storytellers from creating compelling, entertaining, and thought-provoking content," said Paula Weinstein, Chief Content Officer… Read full this story
- Sundance Film Festival unveils premiere lineup, including Spike Lee’s ‘Red Hook Summer,’ Bruce Willis’ ‘Lay the Favorite’
- Tribeca Film Festival, New York's biggest, boasts a rich range of movies leading up to 'The Avengers'
- The Tribeca Film Festival is filled with events besides the main screenings
- Tribeca Film Festival looks to the future but with a nod to the past
- The National: Brooklyn's best-connected group will open Tribeca Film Festival
- Tribeca Film Festival to open with music film from Brooklyn about The National
- The harrowing thrill of BASE jumping hits the Tribeca Film Festival in sports documentary 'McConkey'
- NJ talent on display at Tribeca Film Festival
- Tribeca Film Festival starts at Ziegfeld Theater with premiere of 'The Five-Year Engagement'
- The 11th annual Tribeca Film Festival comes to a satisfying close
Tribeca Film Festival Unveils Main Lineup For June Event have 337 words, post on deadline.com at April 20, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.