“I have lost the temptation for things that come through stardom. One day I’d like to enjoy my life without fame,” Irrfan Khan had candidly confessed in an interview with the international publication Guardian, in 2013. Little did he know that destiny had some other plans in store. Seven years later, the legendary actor bid farewell to this mortal world on April 29, 2020, leaving millions of fans across the globe shattered. The world of cinema had lost a shining star!
Irrfan’s childhood ambition was to be a cricketer. However, he was bitten by the acting bug when he watched Naseeruddin Shah in Nishant and Mithun Chakraborty in Mrigayaa. Side-stepping his family business, the late actor escaped to drama school. No one back then, thought that this shy and thin fellow would engross people worldwide with his enchanting performances! But, the journey wasn’t easy!
After years of grind and never-ending struggle, Irrfan climbed the ladder of success and proved that he was an actor par excellence who always ticked all the boxes when it came to making a film memorable. Off-screen, even when the actor was battling a health crisis (neuroendocrine tumour), his optimistic attitude towards life never weaned.
On Irrfan Khan’s first death anniversary today, we bring you 5 quotes by the late actor which prove that there was more to him than just being a performer on screen.
Brave The Storm
Irrfan had once said, “A hero lies in every man and woman. 99% of times, we perish before realizing it.” Now, you know what needs to be done when life throws a googly at you!
This One Is For All Actors Out There!
In an industry which is obsessed with box office figures, Irrfan had a different take on the number game. He was quoted as saying, “Films are an experience, it’s a job which has a mystery to it. You can’t judge storytelling from those figures. Figures are just a by-product. A story is a live thing. It interacts with you.”
Kindness Is Free; Sprinkle It Everywhere
“We are not kind to people, to nature and it’s the reason why we are going the way we are. Nature is revolting. Kindness just makes life more bearable, as more happy people will make a happy world,” Irrfan had said in an interview with Reader’s Digest. It’s a bit strange how these words perfectly describe the current scenario that’s prevailing across the globe amid the pandemic.
Experience Is The Teacher Of All Things
“You should judge your life on the scale of your own experience. Even if it is a question of faith. Experiment and view it from your own experience and then take it how it comes out as. The only thing that we have in our hands is making choices,” Irrfan had mentioned in one of his interviews.
Failure Is The Stepping Stone To Success
Dejected by failure? Irrfan’s words, “Failure is there to teach you something so that you can go beyond that,” is just the kind of prep talk we recommend!
” Life offers you so much. That’s why I feel like I have no other words but thanks,” these words by the Angrezi Medium actor echo in our minds as we remember him today.
Irrfan Sir, you were one of a kind! They don’t make people like you anymore.
- These dark children's stories provide valuable life lessons that kids need more than ever
- ‘Reality shrivels. This is your life now’: 88 days trapped in bed to save a pregnancy
- 'People thought I was a freak. I kind of liked that'
- In these strange times, there’s no better place to relax than the 90s
- Remembering Mark Blum: Madonna & Rosanna Arquette Recall ‘Desperately Seeking Susan’ Co-Star; Josh Radnor, Judith Light Among Many Mourning Coronavirus Victim
- Saif Ali Khan on the lockdown period: It's like a long voyage on a 19th century ship
- Shah Rukh Khan Trends: Fans Hail SRK For Offering His Office To BMC To Expand Quarantine Capacity
- Saif Ali Khan says he’s asked Kareena Kapoor to teach him yoga, chases Taimur around the house for a good workout
- Saif Ali Khan Scared Of His Mom's Lockdown Attitude: She Is Suddenly Saying She Has Had A Full Life
- Actor Divya Bharti died at nineteen: 27 years later, her untimely death remains a mystery to many
- Hina Khan depicts India's present situation through a sketch
- Doctors turns 20: How the medical soap gave the likes of Fleabag's Phoebe Waller-Bridge, GoT star Emilia Clarke and The Crown's Claire Foy their first acting break during two decades on the BBC
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan fell in love on sets of Tashan but she said no to his wedding proposal twice
- Cancer Free Nafisa Ali Wants To Work With Salman Khan Because Of This Reason!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan Totally Leaves Us Speechless With Her Outfits In The Latest Photoshoot
- Celebrities Pay Tribute to Mark Blum After Actor Died From Coronavirus Complications
- Dwayne Johnson shares emotional tribute to late wrestler father Rocky Johnson
- Outtakes: Alicia on Key moments throughout her life
- Andrew Jack, 'Star Wars' actor, dies from Covid-19
- Coronavirus: Simple lesson Scott Morrison can learn from
Remembering Irrfan Khan: 5 Times The Late Actor Gave Us Major Life Lessons With His Powerful Thoughts have 894 words, post on www.filmibeat.com at April 29, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.