Nick Springer , a Paralympics medalist for Team USA and son of entertainment publicist Gary Springer, died on Wednesday, April 14. No cause of death was given, but his demise was described as "sudden." After contracting Meningococcal Meningitis at age 14, Springer had both legs amputated above the knees and both arms to mid-forearm. Undaunted, Springer began playing sled hockey before he was fully finished with rehab, and at age 16, segued into Quadriplegic Wheelchair Rugby ("Murderball') which, as a leading member of Team USA, brought him five international gold medals, including at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. At the 2012 London Paralympics, Nick and Team USA took the bronze after falling to arch-rival Canada by one point in the semi-final game. Related Story Felix Silla Dies: Cousin Itt On TV’s ‘The ‘Addams Family’ Was 84 A gifted public speaker, Springer used humor, charm and his personal stories to persuade audiences about the power of sports in disabilities. He was also a champion for vaccinations against Meningococcal Meningitis, becoming instrumental in passing legislation to support vaccinations against the virus. Springer graduated in May, 2010 from Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, FL and had spent the last few years consulting with Novartis, as… Read full this story
- Gold-medal-winning gymnast Tatiana Gutsu adds voice to #MeToo campaign
- Sports Digest: Falmouth cyclist adds to gold-medal haul
- What went wrong with Team USA at World Cup?
- British Paralympian Will Bayley’s profile picture of him with his gold medal surfaces on opportunist Tinder user’s profile
- Who is Dame Sarah Storey? Sports Personality of the Year 2016 contender and Britain’s top female Paralympic athlete
- Why has Usain Bolt been stripped of his Olympic gold medal? Who is Nesta Carter? All we know of the athletics doping scandal
- Usain Bolt STRIPPED of Olympic gold medal as 2008 relay teammate Nesta Carter is found guilty of doping
- Rio Olympics 2016: Who is Louis Smith? Here are five things you never knew about the silver medal-winning Olympic gymnast
- Punch-ups, sex scandals, flash lifestyle…but footie star Leigh Roose was REAL hero who died fighting in Battle of the Somme
- Duchess of Cambridge joins the Queen, Harry and Wills at reception for Olympic and Paralympic heroes
Nick Springer Dies: Gold Medal-Winning Paralympic Athlete And Team USA Member have 354 words, post on deadline.com at April 17, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.