M.I.A. has set up a GoFundMe page to raise money to aid those affected by the recent volcanic eruption of La Soufrière in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines. "I've never set up a crowdfunding page before, but as you may know Saint Vincent and the Grenadines has been very close to my heart," she wrote on her Instagram. "I wrote my first song there. Since going to Sri Lanka is out of the question for political reasons, it's been my island away from my island for the last 20 years." "La Soufrière has caused massive devastation on a scale that has not been witnessed by the residents in the last 40 years," she continued. "The situation today is that there's been power cuts and water scarcity. Everything is covered by ash. The volcano is still erupting and there could be further ongoing damage." The musician wrote that short-term supplies are needed — from blankets to hygiene kits — and that the cost of living is extremely high due to tourists. "It is also very hard for local people to get into shelters without vaccinations, and they should not be put in situations where they are forced to make that decision… Read full this story
- Oakland A's launch GoFundMe for Camp Fire relief, donate $10k
- St. Dom’s classmates aid struggling family
- Medford comes to aid of restaurant delivery driver stabbed and left for dead
- How Madeline Snyder, a Trans Woman in Tyler, Got Her Driver’s License Fixed
- Three-quarters of this 20-year-old’s body burned in a car wreck. His recovery has just begun.
- Advocacy Groups To Send Presents To Migrant Children, Coal To Trump To Combat Hate
- Fela Durotoye agrees to withdraw from presidential race
- Woman's social media plea replaces stolen gifts for homeless girls
- Nigeria govt suspends top judge before elections
- Argentina president asks France, UK to continue search for Sala
M.I.A. Launches GoFundMe Page to Aid Saint Vincent and the Grenadines have 320 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at April 13, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.