LOVE Island is finally returning this summer with an all-new cast and I imagine former winner Amber Davies could do with being flown out to Majorca and introduced to some sexy singletons again too.
I can reveal she has split from her boyfriend Nick Kyriacou just six months after telling me he was "The One".
The couple started dating a year ago and she told me how their romance was like something out of a fairytale. But recently it sounds like it has become more of a nightmare.
A source close to the actress explained: "Amber really thought she had found The One in Nick but sadly that now couldn't be further from the truth.
"Over the past few weeks they have been arguing and it quickly became clear that the spark between them had gone.
"Amber and Nick's relationship felt as though it had gone from nought to 60 in just a few weeks when they first got together.
"She was totally caught up in their romance and lockdown massively amplified the situation.
"They quickly moved in together and at the start it was everything Amber had hoped for.
"But as the world started getting ready to open up again, things started to unravel. Amber took control in the end and called time on it."
When I interviewed Amber last October about her then fledgling romance with Nick, an operations manager, Amber reminded me of a giddy schoolgirl.
And who could blame her? She transformed herself from reality star to West End golden girl following her split from Love Island fella Kem Cetinay in 2017.
When she landed her first major role as Judy Bernly in Dolly Parton's West End show 9 To 5, no bloke could get a look in as Amber worked as hard as she could to make sure it was a success.
Only when she had found her feet did she open up to the idea of finding love. And when Nick came along it seemed like Amber finally had everything she had wanted.
For now she's taking the sensible route and throwing herself into work, having gone to Belfast to shoot upcoming CBBC show Almost Never.
My source added: "Earlier this year she landed the lead role in the musical version of Bring It On and she has loads of jobs lined up which will keep her mind off their break-up.
"Her friends know a catch like Amber won't be short of offers but this has been really hard on her."
Knuckling down and working hard is the best thing she can do right now.
READ ON FOR MORE OF SIMON BOYLE’S BIZARRE COLUMN
Riri loves the thigh life
YOU can tell Rihanna isn't in Britain, she would have frozen if she'd been made to sit outside and sip her white wine in this miniskirt.
The superstar was spotted on Saturday as she arrived at The Nice Guy restaurant in Los Angeles, where, unlike here, you can eat inside and it's a balmy 21 degrees.
On Sunday evening she was out again, as she was seen going into West Hollywood restaurant and bar Delilah just moments before her boyfriend, rapper A$ap Rocky.
She has been coming and going from different restaurants every night in recent weeks.
She's welcome to come over to mine for some chicken nuggets and chips if she gets bored of those fancy places.
Elt and Dua do a duet
Dua shared this photo of them finally meeting last week, but I can reveal the full details of their in-person introduction, at which they were joined by David Walliams and the cast of Channel 4's It's A Sin.
They all met up at London's five-star Rosewood Hotel on Thursday and Friday last week, where they did extensive filming for Elton's virtual Oscars party in a fortnight, in aid of the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
A source said: "Dua and Elton are massive fans of each other so they were thrilled to finally be introduced. But there was lots of work during the two-day filming session, including the pair performing together and Dua doing several of her own songs.
"It's rare for any showbiz names to come together in the same space at the moment but there was loads of famous faces bowling around.
"David and the cast of It's A Sin, including Olly Alexander, were there to get involved.
"Elton is pulling in all the favours he can to try and raise a bumper sum this year for his foundation."
Elton's bash usually takes place in LA, with tickets costing a fortune and the venue packed with stars.
This year he is throwing an Academy Award pre-party on April 25 which will be hosted by Neil Patrick Harris, Elton and his husband David Furnish, with tickets on sale online.
With plenty of big names involved, I'll be tuning in.
YEARS & YEARS have tried to follow in the footsteps of Dua Lipa with new single Starstruck by working with one of her top songwriters.
Olly Alexander, now the sole member after his bandmates left the group, wrote the track with Clarence Coffee Jr, who has four tunes – including hits Levitating and Physical – on Dua's album Future Nostalgia. Olly will be hoping that the success continues with him.
Baftas hit a record low
THE Baftas annual luvvie love-in is enough to bore me to tears most years.
But Sunday night's ceremony hit an all new low – and not just when the autocue forced hosts Dermot O'Leary and Edith Bowman to tell the virtual audience and viewers at home how the movie industry had "thrived" over the past 12 months.
Viewing figures for the main awards bash on Sunday – there was one on Saturday too – bombed to a 13-year low, with 500,000 people turning off BBC One in the first five minutes.
At its peak there were 2.6million people watching. And before the leftie film mob start chucking their toys out of the pram let's be honest, the only reason the viewing figures rose to 4.3million in the final five minutes was because Joe public didn't want to miss the start of Line Of Duty.
Saturday night's ceremony had just 700,000 people tuning in.
The past year has been abysmal for the film industry.
But as cinemas open up and delayed release dates for movies including No Time To Die and Eternals edge ever closer, I have no doubt it'll soon be back on its feet.
And a few decent releases will ensure next year's bash is more bearable.
KYLIE Minogue's self-titled wine brand has become one of the most successful ever to launch here, with the pop star selling her millionth bottle last week, just over a year after I revealed she was starting the new business.
Most read in Bizarre
Katie Price moving into caravan in mucky mansion garden after her home is sold
SUPERMAN actor Henry Cavill has gone public with his new girlfriend, Hollywood exec Natalie Viscuso.
She is the vice president of Legendary Entertainment, which was behind his 2013 film Man Of Steel and last year's Enola Holmes.
She first had a taste of fame aged 15, when she starred on an episode of the MTV reality show My Super Sweet 16, where rich parents throw extravagant birthday parties for their kids.
Dermot O’Leary shocked as winner Yuh-Jung Youn calls Brits ‘snobbish’
- Love Island pals Amber Gill, Amy Hart and Anna Vakili reunite at shoe launch as they party the night away with dance-offs and personalised cocktails
- EXCLUSIVE: 'I'm on my own with no support' Heavily pregnant Love Island star Hannah Elizabeth SPLITS from fiancé George Andreetti... as 'wizard' ex moves on with a new girlfriend (who he has NEVER met)
- Love Island's Gabby Allen goes topless in a sheer lace jumpsuit and protects her modesty with sparkly nipple covers for racy Halloween costume
- Revenge body! Love Island Australia's Tayla Damir flaunts her toned physique while relaxing on a yacht in Turkey - after split with Dom Thomas
- Love Island's Molly-Mae Hague and Tommy Fury look casual as they touch down in Manchester Airport after taking part in a photoshoot in Paris
- Every traveller's worst nightmare: Love Island star Tayla Damir finds herself STRANDED in Lebanon with no money after her bank account was drained by hackers - and the Australian embassy 'did nothing to help'
- 'They're in a great place!' Love Island star Erin Barnett, 24, insists she is still dating her older beau Mick Russell, 43, after sparking breakup rumours with cryptic Instagram post
- Love Island's Amy Hart commands attention in a purple animal print bikini as she soaks up the sun on idyllic getaway in Barbados
- Love Island's Erin Barnett, 24, sparks break-up rumours as she admits to 'feeling lost' in a cryptic Instagram post - after defending her relationship with older boyfriend Mick Russell, 43
- 'Be a cocky weirdo': Eden Dally says fans should act 'really up themselves' to get picked by producers for Love Island - and makes a VERY sly dig at ex Erin Barnett
- 'You're intimidated by the abs!' Susanna Reid furiously defends her favourite show Love Island after her GMB co-host Piers Morgan slams the raunchy islanders as 'cretinous'
- Lily Allen looks downcast as she makes a rare appearance without Stranger Things boyfriend David Harbour in New York City
- Arci Muñoz confirms split from boyfriend Anthony Ng
- 'Looking for my Peter Pan': Tayla Damir sets Instagram ablaze as she shows off her post-breakup body in an animal print bikini in Greece following her split with Dom Thomas
- What break-up? Liam Hemsworth enjoys an island getaway with his family and friends as Miley Cyrus continues to flaunt her relationship with Kaitlynn Carter
- Lottie Tomlinson wows in black satin crop top as she forgets her romantic woes during night out following 'split from boyfriend Sam Prince'
- Summer Monteys-Fullam, 24, moves into her mother's house after dumping boyfriend Paul Hollywood, 53, when he asked her to sign a gagging order
- Hana Cross and boyfriend Nasser Alfallah brush aside recent row as the cheery couple enjoy dinner date in LA
- Paul Hollywood's Great British Bake Off co-stars predicted age-gap romance with Summer Monteys-Fulham would end... MONTHS before she 'dumped him over gagging order'
- Marnie Simpson's boyfriend Casey Johnson shares FIRST LOOK at their 'gorgeous' baby boy... after announcing the birth of their first child 12 DAYS overdue
Love Island winner Amber Davies splits from boyfriend just six months after claiming he was ‘The One’ have 1862 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at April 12, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.