Oscar-nominee Hugh Jackman and Oscar-winner Laura Dern have been set to star in blue-chip feature drama The Son , writer-director Florian Zeller 's follow-up to his Oscar-nominated movie The Father . Oscar-winners Iain Canning and Emile Sherman ( The King's Speech ), and Joanna Laurie of See-Saw Films , produce with Christophe Spadone ( The Father ) alongside Zeller. Film4 are co-financing production. Cross City Films and Embankment are launching international sales, with Cross City Films and CAA Media Finance co-representing U.S. rights. Adapted by Zeller and Oscar-winner Christopher Hampton ( Dangerous Liaisons ), from Zeller's acclaimed stage play, The Son focuses on Peter (Hugh Jackman) as his busy life with new partner Emma and their baby is thrown into disarray when his ex-wife Kate (Laura Dern) turns up with their teenage son, Nicholas. The young man is is troubled, distant, and angry, playing truant from school for months. Peter strives to be a better father, searching to help his son with those intimate and instinctive moments of family happiness. But the weight of Nicholas' condition sets the family on a dangerous course. Related Story Oscars: Academy Sets Ensemble Cast Of 15 Stars To Serve As Presenters Writer-director Florian Zeller said:… Read full this story
- Two Excellent Films That Could Not Win an Oscar
- A Journey Down Fragrance Lane
- Daytime Emmys 2019: Tamera Mowry looks lovely in peachy lace while Eve stuns in ruffling royal blue and Adrienne Bailon sizzles in a slinky dove grey on the red carpet
- Exiled to Nilodnog (The Blue Prince - Linked to The Soldiers of Nirut)
- Kim Kardashian lays flowers at the Armenian Genocide Memorial Complex with Kourtney, Mason and Penelope during poignant moment… before snapping selfies with fans
- Brother Malcolm X Shabazz
- Bob Dylan
- Four Films That Empowered Me and the Story Behind a Film I Am Writing!
- The Hack Writer Becomes War Movie Critic - Well, Not Really
- Selena: A Life Remembered (Part 2)
Hugh Jackman & Laura Dern To Star In Florian Zeller’s ‘The Son’, See-Saw To Produce Follow-Up To Oscar-Nominee ‘The Father’ have 310 words, post on deadline.com at April 14, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.