H.E.R. performed her song from the Judas and the Black Messiah soundtrack, "Fight for You," on The Tonight Show Monday, April 12th. The performance appeared to be filmed in one long shot, and it opened with H.E.R. singing the track and playing drums in an otherwise empty alley. By the song's end, however, H.E.R. had shuffled to the other end of the street where she delivered the soulful protest song alongside her full band. "Fight for You" was recently nominated for Best Original Song at this year's Oscars. The song plays over the film's end credits and appears on Judas and the Black Messiah: The Inspired Album , which features contributions from Nas A$AP Rocky, Nipsey Hussle, Jay-Z, and more. A music video for "Fight for You" arrived earlier this month as well. The clip paired archival footage and scenes from Judas and the Black Messiah as it chronicled the history of the Black Panthers, the rise of Fred Hampton, the increased scrutiny of the police and FBI, and how the betrayal of informant William O'Neal led to Hampton's assassination.
- With 5 Oscar nominations, Bohemian Rhapsody sets sights on Best Picture upset
- A Star is Born picks up 8 Oscar nominations and a Best Director snub
- Where to watch Oscar-nominated movies before the 2019 Academy Awards
- The most egregious 2019 Oscar nomination snubs
- Mary Poppins Returns was under-represented in Oscar nominations
- The Latest: ‘Green Book’ wins Oscars best picture award
- Every 2019 Oscar controversy, explained
- Poor Golden Globes showing doesn’t bode well for A Star is Born at the Oscars
- The Oscars have never loved sports movies
- KOs, a marriage proposal in ring by TKO’d fighter, a post-fight scrum, and sweet revenge
H.E.R. Performs Oscar-Nominated ‘Fight for You’ on ‘Fallon’ have 292 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at April 13, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.