The Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control are recommending a pause on the Johnson & Johnson Covid vaccine after reports of what the agencies characterize as an "extremely rare" blood clot. The FDA and the CDC will review "six reported U.S. cases of a rare and severe type of blood clot in individuals after receiving the J&J vaccine," out of 6.8 million doses administered, according to a statement from Peter Marks, the FDA's director, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, and Anne Schuchat, principal deputy director of the CDC. "FDA will review that analysis as it also investigates these cases. Until that process is complete, we are recommending a pause in the use of this vaccine out of an abundance of caution," they said. "This is important, in part, to ensure that the health care provider community is aware of the potential for these adverse events and can plan for proper recognition and management due to the unique treatment required with this type of blood clot." Related Story Knott’s Berry Farm Announces Reopening Date Of May 6, Reveals New Attractions They said that right now, "these adverse events appear to be extremely rare." In February, the… Read full this story
- COVID Vaccine Update as Johnson & Johnson Trial Suffers Setback, Sanofi Aims for Mid-2021 Rollout
- COVID vaccine makers vow science—not Trump—will dictate release timing
- Trump Must Stop Criticizing Scientists Amid COVID-19 Vaccine Talks: Experts to FDA
- Pharmaceutical Giant AstraZeneca Halts COVID-19 Vaccine Trial
- Why Bay Area coronavirus vaccine trial was halted before it ever started
- Oxford and AstraZeneca's COVID vaccine trial is put on HOLD as British volunteer has 'serious' reaction 'that triggered spinal cord infection'
- Why did COVID-19 become partisan?
- EU's deal to buy AstraZeneca's Covid-19 at a discount 'will mean countries have to cover compensation costs if the jab causes negative side effects'
- AstraZeneca, Johnson&Johnson to resume Covid-19 vaccine trials in US
- How to sign up for a coronavirus vaccine trial
FDA And CDC Recommend Pausing Johnson & Johnson Covid Vaccine During Investigation Of Reports Of “Extremely Rare” Blood Clots have 335 words, post on deadline.com at April 13, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.