The American Cinema Editors ' 71st annual ACE Eddie Awards are getting underway Saturday, with the virtual ceremony set to bestow honors in 14 categories recognizing this wild year's best in editing across film, TV and documentaries. In addition to the competitive categories, Spike Lee is being honored with the ACE Golden Eddie Filmmaker of the Year Award, while Lynzee Klingman, ACE, and Sidney Wolinsky, ACE, will receive Career Achievement Awards for their contributions to film editing. Last year, the Eddies gave its marquee Best Edited Feature Film (Dramatic) award to Bong Joon Ho's Parasite on that pic's run to the Best Picture Oscar. It was the first foreign-language film to win in that category. Ford v. Ferrari ended up taking the Film Editing Oscar. A total of 22 of the past 30 ACE winners for best edited dramatic film and 11 of the past 16 have gone on to take that year's Oscar in the category. Related Story ‘Soul’ Edges ‘Wolfwalkers’ For Most Trophies At Annie Awards; Three For TV’s ‘Hilda’ Leads Field – Winners List This year, that Oscar Film Editing category includes three of today's ACE Eddie noms: Chloé Zhao's Nomadland , this year's Best Picture frontrunner… Read full this story
- Academy Awards: Complete List Of Oscars 2015 Winners
- Racing! Mike Rogers’ version of history
- Racing! Is the Santa Anita drag gone?
- Racing! Happy Indigenous Peoples' Day
- Racing! Santa Anita is back racing today
- Racing! Let’s look at the Breeders' Cup Juvenile
- Camargo's pinch-hit HR in 10th lifts Braves past Nats 4-3
- Katy Perry: The Firework That Won’t Tire From Her Work!
- The Fittest Men on the Beach
- Tropic Thunder joins 12 other great movies now streaming online
ACE Eddie Awards: ‘The Queen’s Gambit’, ‘Rick And Morty’, ‘American Utopia’ Among Early Winners have 283 words, post on deadline.com at April 17, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.