In a better time for the world, we'd all be hitting the karaoke bar tonight to mourn the late great Jim Steinman . This man was more than just the composer behind mega-bombastic hits by Meat Loaf , Bonnie Tyler , Celine Dion, Air Supply, and so many others. He was the patron saint of karaoke singers. His idea of the perfect song was a powder keg giving off sparks, one that anybody could belt out loud. Think of a karaoke anthem — "Total Eclipse of the Heart," "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad," "Paradise by the Dashboard Light," "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" — and chances are Steinman wrote it. Even before the art form was invented, he composed as if he saw it all coming. That's why karaoke fans everywhere are grieving for him tonight, even if we're cryin' icicles instead of tears. Related Stories Hear the Jim Steinman-Written Theme Song for Hulk Hogan Bonnie Tyler Remembers Jim Steinman: ‘He Was a True Genius’ Related Stories #FreeBritney: Understanding the Fan-led Britney Spears Movement Black Sabbath on the Making of ‘Vol. 4’: ‘It Was Absolute Pandemonium’ Steinman liked to call himself "Little Richard Wagner," and he always… Read full this story
- League City Little League Giants, Astros return to field to nab playoff wins
- Amber Heard admits taking MDMA and magic mushrooms at Coachella music festival but denies being hooked on 'cocaine and liquor' - despite nurse's note detailing her addiction
- 'We cannot apologise': Dominic Raab DEFENDS decision to axe quarantine-free travel to Spain overnight despite British tourists - including Transport Secretary Grant Shapps - already arriving for holidays as Labour brands move 'shambolic'
- New quarantine rule for holidaymakers returning from Spain is expected to be introduced TONIGHT! Holiday chaos as UK tourists will have to isolate for two weeks due to fresh Covid outbreak
- Setting the royal example: King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia of Spain mask-up as 'second wave' fears grow after the country announced 2,255 more cases in 24 hours - just 200 down from yesterday
- ‘Jealous’ Johnny Depp ‘obsessed about what Amber Heard wore, hated her shooting sex scenes and raged about people paying to “watch her get f****d on camera”’
- Mallorca's cocaine dealers are offering free face masks and hygienic snorting straws with drugs to Britons at holiday hotspot of Palma
- More than 600,000 British tourists on holiday in Spain now a face two-week 'house arrest' quarantine amid scramble to return home after bombshell axing of 'air bridge' - throwing their working lives into fresh disarray
- Taylor Swift’s Songs Can Be As Gay As You Want Them to Be
- 5 Seconds of Summer: Inside the Wild Life of the World’s Hottest Band
A Toast to Jim Steinman: The Songwriting Powder Keg Who Kept Giving Off Sparks have 457 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at April 21, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.