UPDATED with ITV Entertainment statement: WGA has issued a strike notice against ABC 's quiz show The Chase , from ITV America. "Per Working Rule 8, no Writers Guild member shall accept employment on The Chase , effective immediately," the guild wrote in a letter to members. "ITV America has refused to apply the full terms of the Minimum Basic Agreement (MBA) to all seasons of The Chase going forward – and writers on The Chase , and the Guild at large, refuse to accept an agreement that would undermine writers of future seasons." ABC's The Chase , a remake of British game show, features the stars of Jeopardy! The Greatest of All Time , James Holzhauer, Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter. Hosted by Sara Haines, it recently aired its initial order of nine episodes. It has not been renewed for a second season though there may be additional produced episodes from Season 1. Related Story ‘Hybrid Casting’ Contest Led SAG-AFTRA To Ban Members From Working On ‘Surviving The Cartel’ – Here's How It Works Last week, the WGA East and writers on The Chase demanded that the show be covered by the guild's Minimum Basic Agreement. The guild said… Read full this story
- No more 'peak TV'? Why TV's golden age isn't one for its writers.
- Curtis Hanson, director of ‘8 Mile’ and Oscar-winning writer on 'L.A. Confidential,' dies at 71
- IGN sacks writer over YouTube controversy
- 'Nashville' fans launch #bringnashvilleback to save axed ABC series
- A Flurry of Activity as All of Baseball Chases the Red Sox
- Art Lee, Fly-Fishing Virtuoso and Writer, Dies at 76
- White House open to striking health provision from bill
- Pusha T cancels San Antonio, 8 other shows without explanation
- San Antonio Aquarium responds to petition calling for it to close "touch pool" shark was stolen from
- San Antonio Zoo expanding rhino habitat to create 'true savanna-like' experience
Writers Go On Strike At ABC’s Quiz Show ‘The Chase’ have 309 words, post on deadline.com at March 24, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.