The WGA West has launched a new online resource to help members and their representatives "make the best deals possible" now that all the major talent agencies have signed the guild's franchise agreement. Called the Writers Deal Hub, it's designed to give members an idea of how much their fellow film and TV writers have been paid in recent years. In a message to its members on Wednesday, the guild said it launched the Deal Hub "to provide members with a centralized resource dedicated to helping them negotiate their individual overscale deals. Using contracts and other information primarily provided by agencies through the new franchise agreement…this information should help you leverage better overscale pay in your and your reps' negotiations with the companies." Related Story WGA West Doubles Interest Free-Loans Available To Members In Need Through Its Good & Welfare Fund Based on its analysis of more than 1,000 screenwriting deals, the guild found that $250,000 is the median pay for all one-step deals – in which a writer is hired to write a single draft of a screenplay – while the median pay for studio deals is $293,750, with $2 million being the maximum reported. These first draft deals… Read full this story
- TV’s demands help give Kentucky SEC’s toughest schedule. Is that fair?
- Fresno State ends its run of slow starts, then Huggins helps Bulldogs finish off UNLV
- Bill Self’s ‘Cats’ returned to Allen Fieldhouse. Why that was a big deal Saturday
- ‘Energy guy’ Charcandrick West is back for Chiefs ... and he will take any assignment
- 2011 Motor Trend Best Driver’s Car
- In tumultuous week, West Charlotte’s Lions fought back ‘the right way’
- With 22.5 points in two wins, this Fresno State star earns Mountain West player of week honors
- Subtle change has Bulldogs looking like they can make run at Mountain West tournament
- Boris Johnson's manifesto to abandon the threat of a no-deal Brexit in bid to capture the centre ground as he rules out a Leave Alliance with Nigel Farage and puts the Tories on an election collision course with the Brexit Party
- KU Jayhawks football vs. Texas Longhorns: Kickoff time, TV, five things to know
WGA West Launches “Deal Hub” Detailing Median Film & TV Pay To Help Writers “Make The Best Deals Possible” have 361 words, post on deadline.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.