Katie Crutchfield of Waxahatchee recalls hearing Fiona Apple for the first time in a dance class. "We did a dance to the song 'Paper Bag,' and I remember immediately being like, 'I've never heard anything like this,' and immediately just clocked it," she told Rolling Stone for our Icons & Influences video series. "I was like, 'This person, Fiona Apple, is really interesting.'" "What I think is so special about her is there's this stereotype of women's emotions — the idea of the hysterical woman — and that has been weaponized against women forever from the beginning of time," Crutchfield continued. "And she takes that idea and she turns it into this superpower. She takes this thing used as a negative against women and just flips it completely on its head and makes it powerful and very relatable". Crutchfield's favorite Apple album is The Idler Wheel but notes that 2020's Fetch the Bolt Cutters is a huge achievement for the songwriter. "It was so cool and triumphant to watch her have such an amazing year," she said, "and be so recognized and put on the pedestal that I think she deserves to be on." "She has a long-standing career where… Read full this story
- Who are the contestants on Britain’s Best Home Cook? Meet Katie, Dipa, Fiona, Cyrus, Josie, Philip, Pippa, Q, Toby and Trevor
- Who are the Britain’s Best Home Cook contestants? Meet Katie, Dipa, Fiona, Cyrus, Josie, Philip, Pippa, Q, Toby and Trevor
- Katie Sanderson (30), the rising star of Irish food
- One in five British children don’t know apples grow on trees or blackcurrants grow on bushes
- Travel review: Taking my first bite out of the Big Apple
- 'My parents made the tough decision to send me away, and I'm so glad that they did'
- World Emoji Day 2018 – these are the BANNED and rejected emoji you can’t use
- Here are the amazing finalists shortlisted by the judges
- Roy Harper’s birthday celebrations
- Obamas, Streep and Elton John share ‘dreams’ on Martin Luther King anniversary
Waxahatchee’s Katie Crutchfield on Why Fiona Apple Is Her ‘Icon & Influence’ have 357 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at March 2, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.