Actress, activist and living legend Jane Fonda was the recipient of the Cecil B. DeMille Award at the 2021 Golden Globes . In a mostly remote ceremony, the 83-year-old Fonda appeared onstage at the Globes while following Covid-19 safety protocols to accept her award. Eschewing the usual script for Golden Globes honorary acceptance speeches, Fonda turned the attention away from herself and onto the nominees this year, and highlighted both the diversity of the films and television series recognized (or not recognized) that made her empathize with people of all backgrounds and experiences. "Just this year, Nomadland helped me feel love for the wanderers among us," Fonda said, "and Minari opened my eyes to the experience of immigrants dealing with the realities of life in a new land, and Judas and the Black Messiah , Small Axe , United States vs. Billie Holiday , Ma Rainey and One Night in Miami and others have deepened my empathy for what being Black has meant. Ramy helped me feel what it means to be Muslim American." Related Stories Golden Globes 2021: This Party Could Have Been an Email Golden Globes 2021: ‘Nomadland,’ ‘The Crown,’ ‘Borat’ Win Top Prizes Related Stories The Best… Read full this story
- The Emboldened Girls: A candid conversation with Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin
- Hereditary: Ari Aster reveals a secret about Golden Globe Award winner Gabriel Byrne
- Brendan Fraser says Golden Globes group dismissed his Me Too allegation as a 'joke'
- 'Jane the Virgin' star Gina Rodriguez to use Emmy campaign budget to fund undocumented student's tuition
- Credit Acceptance Announces Extension to $350 Million Revolving Secured Line of Credit Facility
- WATCH: Inside the lovestruck world of George and Amal Clooney
- 'I'm just too petrified to watch horror films...'
- Trump Has 'Bottomless Appetite for Destruction,' Jeff Flake Tells Harvard Law School: Speech in Full
- Niall Horan gushes over ex Selena Gomez’s ‘brave’ AMAS speech
- What can depersonalisation disorder say about the self? – Anna Ciaunica & Jane Charlton
Watch Jane Fonda’s Moving Acceptance Speech at the 2021 Golden Globes have 318 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.