WarnerMedia has launched an expanded entry-level Access Writers program that looks to amplify underrepresented voices and historically marginalized narrative writers to provide a pathway into the television industry. The program was originally called HBO Access but is now the WarnerMedia Access Writers Program . It is one of several innovative initiatives being led by the company's new Enterprise and Inclusion department and will provide emerging writers access to mentors and opportunities across WarnerMedia's cable, network and streaming properties. Applications for the program will be accepted starting March 8 and continue through March 21. "We realize there's a continued need for representation from a wider variety of perspectives, and we are deliberate about discovering, developing and supporting writers who reflect the range of our global audience," said Karen Horne, senior vice president for Equity and Inclusion at WarnerMedia. "We are intentionally exposing talented writers to our ecosystem in order to change the behind-the-camera landscape of television." Related Story GLAAD Media Awards Sets Date With Niecy Nash As Host; Virtual Ceremony Will Stream On Hulu An Advisory Council comprised of established producers including Sara Hess, Nkechi Okoro Carroll, Sarah Schechter, Bird Runningwater, Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa, Sonya Winton-Odamtten, Jonathan Kidd, Bill Lawrence, Mindy Kaling… Read full this story
- From Disney+ to Apple TV+: How the Streaming War Will Be Won (Guest Column)
- Is TV’s Most Revolutionary Depiction of Black Fatherhood
- How streaming, diversity, #MeToo shaped TV decade of change
- How David Letterman Reinvented TV
- Checking in With Apple TV+ at 1 Month
- London Live to launch on 31 March
- Apple TV+ Is Here—But It Has a Long Way to Go
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000’ at 30: How a Cult TV Show Changed Pop Culture
- Short Film Launched Female Filmmaking 'Femme Pyre' In Chicago
- What Is the Best Smart TV Operating System?
WarnerMedia Access Writers Program Launches To Amplify Underrepresented Voices In TV have 295 words, post on deadline.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.