Updated Monday AM: Warner Bros is reporting this morning that Tim Story's Tom & Jerry didn't do $13.7M for the weekend, rather $14.1M . That's a very good indication that an upbeat vibe is developing among moviegoer confidence as this pandemic slowly starts to draw its curtains. Rival studio estimates as of yesterday AM had Tom & Jerry at $13.55M for the weekend. Essentially, the Chris DeFaria animation hybrid production posted a better Sunday than expected with $4.035M. Further broken down, Tom & Jerry did $4M on Friday, and $6.1M on Saturday, +53% from Friday at 2,475 venues. A very solid start for a family film in a nation where just under 50% of all 5,8K U.S. and Canada theaters are open. WarnerMedia didn't report any viewership data in regards to Tom & Jerry on HBO Max . Related Story ‘Godzilla Vs. Kong’ Fires Up $70M; Easily Top-Grossing Pic To Date At Domestic B.O. During Pandemic – Monday Update This past weekend, those U.S. states with the most open theaters per sources were Mississippi (80%), Utah (80%), Arizona (78%), Texas (72%), Georgia (70%) and Oklahoma (70%). As we mentioned, NYC finally opens this Friday in time for Lionsgate's Chaos Walking… Read full this story
- Christopher Nolan's Tenet may not screen in LA and NYC as Warner Bros. restricts drive-in showings
- Warner Bros. TV Group Signs Overall Deal With Robin Thede
- Don Cheadle Jumps Into Warner Bros.’ ‘Space Jam 2’
- Ebersols Aboard To Produce And Script Warner Bros’ ‘Space Jam 2’ As A Starring Vehicle For LeBron James
- Q&A: Warner Bros. IE's $500M game deal
- EXCLUSIVE: 'I am NOT a victim. I did what I wanted to do.' Actress in sex-for-roles scandal which cost Warner Bros CEO his job tells DailyMailTV she wants to be judged on her merits NOT as a MeToo poster girl
- Why are Warner Bros persisting with the doomed Fantastic Beasts films?
- Tom Cruise Attends ‘Tenet’ Screening In London: “Back To The Movies”
- 'The Batman' debuts its first trailer with Robert Pattinson as a gritty Dark Knight
- 'Lucifer' Season 6: Is Tom Ellis Leaving and Being Replaced by Ian Somerhalder?
Warner Bros’ ‘Tom & Jerry’ Opening Higher In Monday Actuals; Still Second-Best Debut During Pandemic – Update have 346 words, post on deadline.com at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.