In the latest socially distanced episode of our Useful Idiots podcast, hosts Matt Taibbi and Katie Halper are joined by Stella Moris, a lawyer and the life partner of Julian Assange . Matt and Katie discuss a recent Twitter thread by Dr. Sarah T. Roberts of UCLA, in which she laments the fall of journalistic integrity by reporters and writers moving to Substack. "I worry about this because it's this whole idea that alternative media, which has already taken such a huge hit in the last 20 or 30 years… all the content is being driven to these big, centralized, largely national news organizations. And it's consolidating more and more. And those news organizations are becoming more and more like each other all the time," says Matt. Related Stories Joe Biden Inherited the Forever War. Will He Give it Away? Biden Prepares Major Changes to Immigrant Family Detention Centers Related Stories Chasteness, Soda Pop, and Show Tunes: The Lost Story of the Young Americans and the Choircore Movement Country’s 15 Highest Drug Odes "What's more dangerous than the argument that Substack is dangerous is the flip side of that argument, which is that corporate media is not dangerous," says Katie…. Read full this story
- Julian Assange recruited teenager, 17, to hack his own former WikiLeaks associate and delete online chats, court hears, as judge refuses to delay his US extradition hearing any further despite last-ditch legal bid
- John Shipton: 'Don't Underestimate the Consequence of the Bravery of My Son Julian Assange'
- WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange objects to US extradition in London court
- Meet Julian Assange's Kylie-loving Australian lawyer who counts Amal Clooney and Amber Heard as friends, has 'nothing but Champagne' in her fridge and was caught in a passionate embrace with Jeremy Corbyn's henchman Seumas Milne
- Useful Idiots: Donald Trump and the Bob Woodward Bombshell
- Julian Assange is warned over outbursts from the dock after interrupting evidence of human rights lawyer at his extradition hearing
- Assange is at 'Very High Risk of Suicide' Should Extradition Occur, Neuropsychiatrist Tells Court
- Assange's Partner Says He is Being Stripped Naked & X-Rayed, Transported in 'Vertical Coffin' Daily
- Extradition hearing against WikiLeaks founder opens in London's Old Bailey
- 'Politicising' and 'weaponising' are becoming rather convenient arguments
‘Useful Idiots’: Julian Assange’s Partner Stella Moris on WikiLeaks, Concealing Their Pregnancy have 369 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.