There is currently no official word on the status of the Starship Troopers TV show. We know, at least at one point, that Sony was developing the project with original screenwriter Ed Neumeier. The plan, when the idea first surfaced in early 2019, was to have the original cast return. Now, Casper Van Dien, who played Johnny Rico in the franchise, reveals his idea for the show, which would involve him returning as “old man Rico.” Casper Van Dien recently discussed his proposal for the show. Though not official plot details, the actor explained that he feels now is the perfect time for Starship Troopers to take over the small screen, with him taking on a mentor role for the younger generation of soldiers. Here’s what he had to say about it. RELATED: Starship Troopers TV Show: Casper Van Dien Wants to Return and Bring Jake Busey with Him [Exclusive] “I think that Starship Troopers would be the best TV series right now . I think that it was such a cool first movie, and the other ones, they didn’t have the heart that the first one had. I think a Starship Troopers movie, turned into a TV series now,… Read full this story
- Douglas Grindstaff, ‘Star Trek’ Sound Whiz, Dies at 87
- Now on Netflix: These are the movies and TV shows that will be added, removed in April
- 'Star Wars Rebels' Season 4 Episodes 3 and 4 Recap: Ghost crew track secret Imperial project 'In the Name of the Rebellion'
- 'Titanic' cast shared never-before-known secrets 20 years after the film's release
- Apple poaches top Sony TV executives to boost video content
- So You Wanna Be a K-Pop Star?
- How Coach K Guides Atlanta’s Hip-Hop Stars
- Kenny Chesney’s home was blown away by Irma. Here’s what the country star did about it
- Filmmaker plans to make third movie in Capital City
- Hot Property: Quaid’s vantage point in Palisades
Starship Troopers TV Show Pitch Shared by Original Star Casper Van Dien have 311 words, post on movieweb.com at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.