In the Zagar & Evans pop song classic In the Year 2525, the duo sang of a year where "some machine is doing that for you." Voice-over actors, welcome to the future. A company called Sonantic has created what it claims is the first artificial intelligence voice models that sound genuinely human and capable of expressing "a wide range of complex human emotions, from fear and sadness to joy and surprise." Gaming producers like Obsidian Entertainment, Splash Damage and 4A Games are already on board with the technology, which is in use from development through post-production. The concept is similar to CGI for audio. Human, realistic voice tech is in its infancy, but along with this brave new frontier is a new opportunity for voiceover artists – banking their words for future use. Related Story Warner Bros International Enlists AI Specialist Cinelytic, Mostly For Distribution Data – CES Actors interested in creating voice models spend a few hours in the studio recording various lines of dialogue unrelated to clients' scripts. Sonantic records the actors' performances and utilizes proprietary deep learning algorithms to augment the data captured from their voices to create voice models. The AI has been trained to match… Read full this story
- Google Photos will soon colourise your old black and white pics using artificial intelligence
- Artificial Intelligence: introducing fundamental changes
- Will Artificial Intelligence Bring Karl Marx's Ideas to Life?
- Will Artificial Intelligence take over healthcare?
- Twenty-four EU countries sign artificial intelligence pact in bid to compete with US & China
- U.K. Announces $1.4 Billion Drive Into Artificial Intelligence
- Google Duplex: Company reveals 'terrifying' artificially intelligent bot that calls people up and pretends to be human
- Artificial intelligence driven by Softbank’s treasure chest
- What's the difference between artificial intelligence, machine learning and deep learning?
- Artificial intelligence will create jobs, but we must make sure it doesn’t exacerbate wealth inequality
Sonantic Brings Artificial Intelligence To New Path For Voice-Overs have 310 words, post on deadline.com at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.