Should Jack Black appear in The Flash movie as Green Lantern? Well before Ryan Reynolds played the superhero on the big screen, Black was attached to star in a comedic version of the movie, with former Conan O’Brien writer Robert Smigel writing the script. Back in 2015, the actor/comedian/musician spoke about his brush with the superhero genre. “There was a really funny script, an awesome script that I wanted to do, by the genius Robert Smigel [Triumph the Insult Comic Dog]… but they didn’t want to pull the trigger,” said Black when referring to DC and Warner Bros. Jack Black’s version of Green Lantern never came to be, and DC fans have been left wondering what could have been. “They were making zillions of dollars with all their other superhero movies – they didn’t want to mess with that formula,” Black said in 2015. However, the Ryan Reynolds-led Green Lantern isn’t exactly what one would call a cinematic masterpiece, with Reynolds still trashing the movie at every chance he gets. In theory, The Flash movie could bring Black on as the superhero, even if it’s only for a cameo. RELATED: Ray Fisher Hopes Cyborg Can Return in The Flash, Will… Read full this story
- Movies under the stars: Where to see SF Bay Area outdoor flicks
- Movies playing Northeast Ohio April 26: “High Life” & More
- Movies playing in Northeast Ohio for April 19: “Hellboy” & More
- Movies playing Northeast Ohio May 10: & More
- Free outdoor summer movies in Louisville: Your 2019 guide
- Wild Turkey Fajita Tacos: Jack Hennessy’s "Braising the Wild"
- Our big guide to summer movies 2019
- Gross grocers: Rodent fur on shelves, pee on chip bags. Oh, and the sausage was green
- The 10 Biggest Remaining Blockbusters of 2019
- Indiana State Fair 2019: Dates, ticket prices, concerts and more
Should The Flash Movie Recast Jack Black as Green Lantern? have 295 words, post on movieweb.com at March 7, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.