Julien Baker performed three songs off her recently released album Little Oblivions for CBS This Morning 's latest "Saturday Sessions." For the mini-concert, Baker and her backing band ran through "Hardline," "Heatwave" and "Faith Healer," the first three tracks on the Tennessee-based singer-songwriter's third LP. While Baker utilizes a backing band for the "Saturday Sessions," she performed every instrument on Little Oblivions herself; the album also shifted away from the guitar-and-vocals approach of her previous two LP. "I didn't want to put out this vibe of, like, 'I'm in a band now! I have a reason to have distortion on my pedal board!,'" Baker told Rolling Stone in October. "I mean, I am very happy to have a reason to have distortion on my pedal board. But I didn't want it to feel like a gimmick. I just wanted it to feel like songwriting with drums." Little Oblivions , written in 2019 prior to the pandemic, finds Baker reflecting on her mental health and sobriety. "I just didn't realize how much was there that I hadn't dealt with, and how much my negative coping mechanisms were going to continue to add new problems," Baker said. "I re-examined a whole lot… Read full this story
- Julien Baker explores 'the gray area between joy and pain' on gut-wrenching new album
- ‘Say a little prayer’
- "CBS This Morning" Spotify Playlist: August 22, 2018
- Review: Drake and Migos filled Little Caesars Arena with hits at first of two nights
- Before she was queen: Remembering Aretha Franklin’s first performances in Seattle
- Did Baker Mayfield just help Lamar Jackson's Heisman Trophy chances?
- Meet The "Young Saints" Of Bethel Who Go To College To Perform Miracles
- Ranking the 60 greatest Memphis soul songs
- 98 Degrees reveal their 'bizarre' morning routine while on tour
- Happy holidays: New Jersey's 10 greatest Christmas songs
See Julien Baker Perform ‘Little Oblivions’ Songs on ‘CBS This Morning’ have 326 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.