Pete Buttigieg , the man now responsible for managing the means by which Americans travel trillions of miles per year, can't leave his house. Just days after he was confirmed as secretary of transportation, a member of his security detail tested positive for Covid-19, forcing the newly minted Cabinet member to start turning the wheels on his agenda from quarantine. "We're trying to practice what we preach, right?" he says of the decision to stay home. He's trying his best to hide his exasperation. A little frustration is understandable. The Covid scare meant Buttigieg had to attend his first Oval Office meeting via flatscreen, and as far as getting a revamped, eco-centric approach to transportation in gear, it was a big one. Biden and a virtual Secretary Pete sat down with a bipartisan group of senators to discuss a new — and hopefully very green — infrastructure bill. Passing one under Trump became a joke (remember "Infrastructure Week"?), but with coastal highways collapsing and power grids failing, there's no time to laugh. Republicans have said they'll work with Democrats, but there's plenty of reason to be wary that they'll agree to fund some of the climate-focused initiatives Democrats want to… Read full this story
- Full transcript: Pete Buttigieg on "Face the Nation," June 16, 2019
- Pete Buttigieg on the presidency as a "moral office"
- On 'The View': 'Mayor Pete' Buttigieg says he wants to reach the 'whole country' in a long-shot bid for president
- Pete Buttigieg Isn’t Going Anywhere
- Pete Buttigieg, little-known mayor turned presidential contender, makes historic bid
- Pete Buttigieg Confident He Can Unite Christians Regardless of Political Views: 'God Doesn't Have a Political Party'
- Pete Buttigieg Doubts Bernie Sanders Can Win in 2020, Suggests the Senator's Ideas Have Lost Their 'Novelty'
- Pete Buttigieg Says Democratic Race Is Shaping Up to Be a 'Two-Way' Between Him and Elizabeth Warren
- Pete Buttigieg: The Candidate Democrat Rivals Love to Hate
- Please, No More Photos of Pete Buttigieg Eating
Pete Buttigieg Has Some Ideas for Overhauling How America Moves Around have 333 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.