EXCLUSIVE: Following a lengthy search, Paramount has tapped King Richard 's Reinaldo Marcus Green to direct its Bob Marley movie for the studio. Ziggy Marley, Rita Marley and Cedella Marley will produce on behalf of Tuff Gong. Robert Teitel will also produce. Bob Marley died of cancer in 1981 at age 36 but in that short lifetime he changed the landscape of music, introducing generations to reggae with such hit songs as "Get Up, Stand Up," "One Love," "No Woman, No Cry," "Could You Be Loved," "Buffalo Soldier," "Jammin" and "Redemption Song." "Bob Marley's music lives on in all of us. His lyrics transcend continents, color, creed, and generations of people. It heals. It fights," said Green. "It bleeds love and truth. It's a true honor and privilege to work with Ziggy and the Marley Family, and Paramount Pictures to bring his story to life. Audiences want to know the real Bob, the man as well as the legend. I trust this film will bring us closer to understanding his journey, his music, and continue to carry the torch of his legacy with humility and grace, and most of all, love." Paramount Motion Picture Group president Emma Watts is no… Read full this story
- In-Depth With Disney CEO Bob Iger on China Growth, 'Star Wars' Reshoots and Political Plans: "A Lot of People Have Urged Me to [Run]"
- What’s open and closed this week? Trails, parks and beaches in Southern California
- A new Trump vs. California battle looms over reopening an economy battered by coronavirus
- Ari Emanuel and Patrick Whitesell Unleashed: WME-IMG's Strategy, IPO Plans, China and the Doubters
- Reduced tables, temperature checks, disposable menus. California officials outline ‘new normal’ for reopening restaurants
- L.A. County moves to protect delivery workers, limit number of customers in stores
- California launches Health Corps, loosens rules for medical professionals amid coronavirus
- How a stockpile of 39 million masks was exposed as fake
- How far has coronavirus spread? This test is a first step in trying to get back to normal life
- Stephen Jeffreys obituary
Paramount’s Bob Marley Biopic Sets ‘King Richard’ Helmer Reinaldo Marcus Green To Direct have 354 words, post on deadline.com at March 3, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.