"We will be doubling down on mask wearing," said California Governor Gavin Newsom on Thursday, "not arguing to follow the example of Texas and other states that I think are making a terrible mistake." It's the second time this week that Newsom, a Democrat, has ripped the actions of his Republican counterpart Greg Abbott of Texas. Just minutes after Newsom announced on Tuesday that seven local counties were being allowed to reopen further due to falling Covid-19 numbers, the CA governor excoriated a decision that same day by Abbott to lift his state's mask mandate. Sharing an Associated Press story on Twitter, Newsom wrote simply, "Absolutely reckless." Abbott felt differently. "Removing statewide mandates does not end personal responsibility," AP quoted Abbott as saying. "It's just that now state mandates are no longer needed," he said. Mississippi also lifted its mask requirement on Tuesday. Related Story Newsom Announces Plan To Loosen California’s Lockdown Requirements Amid Recall Pressure Abbott later wrote triumphantly on Twitter, "I just announced Texas is OPEN 100%." "EVERYTHING." Newsom, seemingly responding to Abbot on Thursday said, "Forgive me, the positivity rate is 2.1 in CA. It's five times that in Texas. Four times in Florida and some of… Read full this story
- Californians don’t have have enough doctors. Here’s how to fix that by 2030, panel says
- Democrats took the House. Now they want to save California’s clean car rules from Trump
- A bride is being called out for insisting her bridesmaids wear $188 yellow 'monstrosities'
- AFC draft grades: The Broncos are alone at the top followed by a lot of pass/fails
- AP Was There: The fiery end of the standoff in Waco, Texas
- Here's what we know about Nikolas Cruz, the suspected 19-year-old gunman in the Florida high school shooting
- From ‘a fine person’ to ‘terrible.’ Donald Trump’s shifting position on Michael Cohen
- Texas school had a shooting plan, armed officers, and practice. And still 10 people died.
- The top safety mistakes we make when we fly, according to pilots and flight attendants
- Zuckerberg: Mistakes, yes. Solutions, yes. Resignation, no
Newsom Wants Californians To Wear 2 Masks; Will Not Follow “Terrible Mistake” Being Made Texas, Florida have 359 words, post on deadline.com at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.