New York City, the nation's leading movie market along with still-shuttered Los Angeles, springs back to life Friday after being flattened by Covid-19 for nearly a year. A pulse was detected in advance ticket sales with a handful of shows selling out at AMC Entertainment 's flagship Empire 25 theater in Times Square including a 4:30 p.m. Tom & Jerry and evening screenings of Boogie, Nomadland, Promising Young Woman, Wonder Woman 1984 and Tenet — as the Christopher Nolan pic released August 12 bends the laws of time. New releases Raya and the Last Dragon and Chaos Walking were big sellers on Day One uptown at the AMC Magic Johnson. One excited customer is NYC mayoral candidate Andrew Yang — he'll will be heading out for a date night to celebrate. "That dinky, and let's be honest, tacky, sign in LA can't mask the fact NYC is the real entertainment capital. So get your popcorn ready, folks, because movie theaters are back in action and it's date night at the Yang household," the former Democratic presidential hopeful said in a press advisory. He'll be hitting the AMC Empire but didn't say which film. Related Story Alamo Drafthouse Returns To Middle-Earth… Read full this story
- New York City Picks Nissan NV200 Small Van as Future Yellow Cab
- Nissan wins bid to be next New York City taxi
- Nissan reveals new 2016 Altima in New York City
- New York hits speed bumps in pursuit of zero traffic fatalities
- Will the Trump Tax Bill Drive Down Ticket Sales?
- 2018 Subaru Outback to show fresh new face in New York
- The 2018 Kia Rio makes a quiet debut in New York
- 2016 New York motor show report and gallery
- Russell Wilson, Ciara join bid to bring MLB team to new US city
- Nissan NV200 puts on a Bowtie as new Chevy City Express
New York City Cinemas Reopen Today After A Year; What To Expect As Tickets On Sale From ‘Raya To ‘Tenet’ have 310 words, post on deadline.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.