Miranda Lambert announced her unexpected latest project , The Marfa Tapes , on Thursday. The stripped-down album is a collection of raw country tunes written and performed alongside Texas singer-songwriters Jack Ingram and Jon Randall . On Friday, Lambert, Ingram, and Randall debuted a song off the record: The sparse ballad "In His Arms" offers a preview for the album's sonic, thematic, and atmospheric direction. "Is he playing in some house band in Dallas?" Lambert, who sings lead throughout the song, ponders. "Is he breaking horses in San Antone?" An accompanying video captures the three participants performing the song out in the deserts of West Texas, where the album was conceived. The Marfa Tapes is named after the small, trendy West Texas town that served as a writing retreat for Lambert, Randall, and Ingram in recent years. "I'll never forget pulling into Marfa that first night at 4 a.m.," Lambert said in a statement. "The stars were like nothing I'd ever seen before, just this endless blanket hanging so low you could reach up and touch them." The singers recorded the majority of the album's 15 tracks outdoors. Two of the songs — "Tin Man" and "Tequila Does" — have… Read full this story
- Iconic band UB40 to play Stoke-on-Trent's Victoria Hall
- A 9-10 strike partnership? And how much time for trialists?
- These are the celebrities who have passed away this year so far
- Which celebrities have passed away so far this year?
- Events from September 6 to 12
- The top 100 books to read this summer
- Parklife 2019 Saturday: Manchester's biggest party delivers
- Stuart Watson's Sunday Verdict: 'A frustrating draw
Miranda Lambert, Jack Ingram, Jon Randall Preview ‘Marfa Tapes’ Album With ‘In His Arms’ have 279 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.