Michael Stanley, who parlayed rocker stardom in the '70s and '80s into successful stints in radio and television in his later years, died Friday of lung cancer at his home. He was 72 and his death was confirmed by his manager. Stanley's rock career was solid in Ohio and the Midwest, but never quite broke through nationally, save for his hit song He Don't Love You . He later was an afternoon drive DJ and Saturday mornings host playing classic rock on radio station 98.5 WNCX. He was at the station for more than 30 years, ending his stint just last month when ill health overtook him. He also won 11 local Emmy Awards as co-host of WJW Channel 8′s PM Magazine from 1987 to 1990, and then spent another year on the station's Cleveland Tonight . He played himself on an episode of The Drew Carey Show . Related Story New York Times Columnist Raises A Stink About Looney Tunes’ Pepe Le Pew Born Michael Stanley Gee, he grew up in Northeast Ohio, graduating Hiram College, the latter attended on a baseball scholarship. He played in a band called The Tree Stumps, then Silk, and was able to secure… Read full this story
- Celebrity deaths in the last decade from Amy Winehouse to George Michael
- Remembering Celebrities Who Died in 2019
- George Michael told friend Elton John to 'f*** off' during 'brutal fallout'
- Top TV of 2020: Charles and Diana in The Crown and the 'coughing major' who cheated on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire are among CHRISTOPHER STEVENS' ones to watch next year
- The BANNED list! How Phil Collins, The Beatles and even ABBA were removed from radio playlists due to world events like 9/11 or Iraq War
- Shock Jock Don Imus, a staple of morning radio who once described a mostly black women's basketball team as 'nappy-headed hos', has died at age 79 after being hospitalized on Christmas Eve
- 'RIP to a brilliantly funny man': TV broadcaster, critic and poet Clive James dies aged 80 'surrounded by his family and his books', after long battle with leukaemia
- Talented and unique: George Michael took a singular path to stardom
- Boris Johnson is replaced with an ice sculpture and Michael Gove storms the studio during eventful Channel 4 debate
- Have more famous people died in 2016?
Michael Stanley Dies: Cleveland Rocker Turned Radio, TV Personality Was 72 have 372 words, post on deadline.com at March 6, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.