EXCLUSIVE : MGM/UA Television and Israel's Tadmor Entertainment are developing a scripted television series based on the lives of judo world champions Saeid Mollaei and Sagi Muki . The two companies have acquired the life rights to the duo and are working with the International Judo Federation to develop the series, which will feature exclusive footage of the athletes. A documentary about the pair is also in production. Here's the logline: "The incredible true story of Iranian Saeid Mollaei, one of history's bravest athletes, who despite threats from his handlers, refused to give in and chose to compete against his friend Sagi Muki from Israel. "As a result, Mollaei was forced to flee from his country and live as a refugee in Germany. Soon these two incredible judokas will meet on the mat for the first time during the 2021 Tokyo Olympics. This is a story of bravery, friendship against all odds, and the true spirit of sport." The judo series is the second project to come out of MGM/UA's first-look deal with Tadmor. They are also making Eichmann – The Devil Speaks , which will premiere in December on Israeli Public Broadcaster KAN. MGM/UA Television president Steve Stark said:… Read full this story
- ‘Slave Stealers’: Harriet Jacobs TV Series In The Works From ‘6 Underground’s Remi Adeleke & Emmy-Winning Nick Nanton
- ‘Schitt’s Creek’ Series Finale: Dan Levy Talks Ending On A High Note, Tearful Goodbyes And Authentic LGBTQ Representation
- Laura Turner backs Fallon Sherrock to cope with the pressure in the PDC Women's Series
- International Insider: The TV Producer Who Vanished; ‘Leonardo’ Wraps; Dating Shows Scoop
- Elon Musk's SpaceX is set to launch the world's most powerful rocket TOMORROW: Firm prepares for dramatic first Falcon Heavy flight and confirms it will try to land all three of the craft's reusable cores
- Imperial College are the champions! The Scowler beats Grandmaster Wang to win University Challenge - but how many questions in epic final could YOU answer?
- Gerwyn Price bidding to overcome his Milton Keynes struggles as he eyes Premier League Play-Offs
- The best tech documentaries of all time
- Wednesday briefing: More Trump-Russia links laid bare
- Tuesday briefing: Apocalyptic themes as Republicans back Trump
MGM/UA Develops TV Series On Judo World Champions Saeid Mollaei & Sagi Muki have 366 words, post on deadline.com at March 1, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.