The Mars documentary attacks! Amazon Studios , Film 45 , Amblin Television and Tripod Media are co-producing Good Night Oppy , a feature about the Mars exploration rover Opportunity. Ryan White ( Assassins ) directs the pic, which is in production and tells the inspirational true story of the veteran interstellar vehicle nicknamed "Oppy" and the bond forged between the robot and the humans that created it. The machine originally was expected to live for only 90 days but ultimately explored the Red Planet for nearly 15 years. NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory also is along for the voyage, as is Industrial Light & Magic, which created the visual effects. JPL, which successfully landed Opportunity's "younger sister" Perseverance on Mars last month, is providing the filmmakers with access and unique footage in the filming of this documentary, along with their scientific expertise and knowledge of Oppy's mission. Related Story Perseverance’s Mars Landing Inspires Apple TV+’s ‘For All Mankind’, Creator Ronald D. Moore Reveals; Perfect Timing Clint LaVigne will oversee the day-to-day development of the project for Amblin, alongside co-presidents Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey. Amblin revealed that the project had a half-dozen bids from major streaming/premium platforms before it lifted off… Read full this story
- Amazon Prime Day: TV shows to watch during your 30-day free trial
- Mallory Schwartz Joins Mythical Entertainment As VP, TV & Film Development
- ‘The Lord Of the Rings’: Lenny Henry, Augustus Prew, Peter Mullan, Cynthia Addai-Robinson & Benjamin Walker Among 20 New Cast Additions On Amazon Series
- Social Justice Now Film Festival Sets Spotlight Screenings, Drive-In Presentations Of ‘Fruitvale Station’ And ‘Just Mercy’
- Amazon Preps Jessica Simpson Docuseries & Scripted Series, Based On Her Memoir, As Part Of Multi-Media Rights Deal
- Amazon's The Lord of the Rings TV Show Adds 20 More Actors
- Does Amazon Need Its Pilot Season Anymore?
- The 53 best movies on Amazon Prime right now
- The 18 best movies to watch on Amazon Prime Video
- 12 great sci-fi books to read before they become TV shows
Mars Exploration Documentary ‘Good Night Oppy’ In Works From Amazon Studios, Amblin TV & Film 45 have 324 words, post on deadline.com at March 5, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.