This year's 55th edition of the Karlovy Vary International Film Festival has been postponed from early July to August 20-28, 2021. Organizers cited the ongoing pandemic situation in Czech Republic as the motivating factor for the move. "Moving the festival's dates back by seven weeks will offer the best chance of holding this cultural event closer to the extent that audiences and festivalgoers have become accustomed to," the festival said. "Our decision to take this step was made after consulting with experts and upon a careful consideration of the current situation. We hope that the coming months will see a significant increase in vaccinations, thanks to which the pandemic will be brought under control, thus allowing us to hold the Karlovy Vary festival in a form that will be maximally safe for guests and visitors. Naturally, we are ready to observe all applicable regulations," added KVIFF's executive director Kryštof Mucha. Related Story Karlovy Vary Film Festival Doesn’t Intend To Move Off July Dates Despite Cannes Overlap KVIFF's artistic director Karel Och commented: "Moving the dates of the 55th festival does not mean a long-term change in the Karlovy Vary festival's traditional slot, the festival's 56th edition will return to its… Read full this story
- Lost In The Crowd: Why has IFFI failed to make a name for itself despite being the oldest film festival in Asia?
- Why Potsdam was picked as the first UNESCO Creative City of Film in Germany
- From Billie Eilish to Hall & Oates: the best US summer festival lineups
- With nightclubs in decline, what does modern Britain get up to after dark?
- Elton John will quit touring for good to spend more time with husband David and sons Zachary and Elijah
- Elton John reveals HE paid for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to fly to his £15m mansion in the south of France by private jet and made a 'carbon neutral' donation on their behalf as he defends the couple's two holidays in 11 days
- Analysis: Lai Mohammed’s scorecard 100 days after reappointment
- Disney Plus: Everything to know about Disney's new streaming service
- PHOTOS: The gothic horror show!
- Michael Cohen testifies he's aware of another illegal act by Trump
Karlovy Vary Postpones 2021 Event To Late August As Pandemic Continues To Hurt Euro Film Festivals have 373 words, post on deadline.com at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.