Yoko Ono Lennon and Capitol/UMe will celebrate the 50th anniversary of John Lennon /Plastic Ono Band with a massive reissue, out April 16th. The super deluxe edition boasts 159 tracks — 87 of which have never been released — across six CDs and two Blu-ray discs. The project was overseen by Ono, using the same audio team that worked on the 2018 Imagine box set (engineers Paul Hicks, Rob Stevens, and Sam Gannon). The announcement is accompanied by a new mix of "Mother," which you can hear above. The collection contains unreleased demos, rehearsals, outtakes, jams, and studio conversations. It includes 14 "ultimate mixes" with songs in 5.1 surround sound and 14 raw studio mixes of the tracks without Phil Spector's production — eliminating tape delays, effects, and reverbs. The "elements" mixes isolate and present aspects from the multitrack recordings to offer deeper levels of detail, while the "Evolution Documentary" traces each song's genesis from demo to finished work with instructions, rehearsals, studio banter, and more. The super deluxe version also includes a 132-page book detailing the songs with new and archival interviews, as well as a poster of "War is over! (If you want it) Love and Peace from… Read full this story
- Rock and Roll Exposure: See Ethan Russell’s Legendary Photographs of John Lennon, the Rolling Stones, and More
- Q&A: Yoko Ono on Her Dance Hit and Her Peace With Paul McCartney
- Delingpole: Princess Yoko Splits Up the Royal Band
- John Oliver Takes on the Trump Era: The Rolling Stone Interview
- America's 'detainee 001' – the persecution of John Walker Lindh
- Billboard Cover: Paul McCartney Reveals the Stories Behind The Beatles' No. 1 Hits
- When Boy-Banders Become Men: Does the First Member to Go Solo Fare Best?
- The Real Story Behind the Beatles’ Last Days
- The Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper’s" remix sounds like a different album
- Paul is Dead: How the Internet Fueled The Beatles Conspiracy Theory
‘John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band’ Gets Massive 50th-Anniversary Reissue have 316 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.