Jagged Little Pill , the rock musical adaptation of Alanis Morissette 's 1995 smash album and other original music, was a hit on Broadway when it was forced to close due to the coronavirus pandemic on March 12th. Since then, the show's cast — still on hiatus as restrictions remain on gatherings in enclosed spaces — has continued to perform for fans when possible , including a Jagged Live in Concert this past December. The production (directed by Diane Paulus) was also nominated for 15 Tonys, including Best Musical. While the awards show has still not taken place, the current plan is that the 74th Annual Tony Awards will be in coordination with the re-opening of Broadway in Fall 2021 , according to the Broadway League and American Theatre Wing. Related Stories ‘Rent’ Releases Rare Jonathan Larson Demos in Honor of 25th Anniversary What It Took to Orchestrate ‘Bad Romance’ for ‘Moulin Rouge! The Musical’ Related Stories The Beatles in India: 16 Things You Didn’t Know Why the Band’s ‘The Last Waltz’ Is the Greatest Concert Movie of All Time With voting for the Tonys currently taking place (until March 15th) and, ahead of a benefit encore airing of the… Read full this story
- ‘Jagged Little Pill’ Reunion Concert: See Performances of Hit Songs From the Broadway Musical
- How the Riot Grrrl Movement Sold the World on Girl Power
- Alanis Morissette On Why America Must Embrace the Feminine
- Why the Arab Spring never engulfed sub-Saharan Africa
- Google-funded report on white supremacy downplays YouTube's role in driving people to extremism
- Pickup Artists Are Still A Thing. And They Want You To Know They’ve Evolved.
- Best Movies/TV to See in November: ‘Hillbilly Elegy,’ ‘Saved by the Bell’ 2.0, ‘I Am Greta’
‘Jagged Little Pill’: Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui on Inspiration for ‘Uninvited’ Movement have 281 words, post on www.rollingstone.com at March 4, 2021. This is cached page on Movie Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.